Lower control arms bushings???
-> 4x4 Tech

#1: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: OverlandBanditsLocation: Phoenix AZ PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:14 pm
    ----
So I re did my suspension and realized I need to replace my bushing should I go with oem or is there a better aftermarket product for that application?

#2: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: fjlarryLocation: Glendale PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:22 pm
    ----
What all did you do? I heard replacing bushings is a pain but check youtube for videos that may make it easier.

#3: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:12 pm
    ----
I had Bryan Glider replace mine with Energy Suspension. He had a swap out pair of LCA's that he put them in. I gave my LCA's to him for the next guy.

Mine's an '08,
YOu might have to change the search parameters for your year
www.energysuspensionpa...r_4wd_2008

Installation Instructions

#4: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: CRAZYJOHNLocation: TUCSON PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:41 pm
    ----
yea glider he can DO IT ooooooooooo!

#5: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: OverlandBanditsLocation: Phoenix AZ PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:37 pm
    ----
Thanks guys most definitely gonna go that route on the energy bushings 👍🏼

#6: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: gliderazLocation: avondale PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am
    ----
Yes I can do it.....lol...
Hit me up if you want me to get a set going for you....602-828-2437

#7: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: AZRichLocation: Ahwatukee PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 am
    ----
I've got major squeaking coming from my front suspension when turning (whether I'm going forward, reverse or parked and just turning the wheel). I believe I've narrowed it down to the LCA's by spraying silicone spray on the UCA bushings, lower shock bolt, tie rods, and finally the LCA bushings and ball joint. I've heard that tightening the LCA bolts can help, but I also don't want to risk blowing out the LCAs on the freeway or something by being negligent. Are there any other tests I can try to determine whether the LCAs are shot?

Also, how do you like those Energy Suspension bushings, Jimbo? Noticeable difference?

#8: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: 4GaugeSurpriseLocation: South Mtn-ish. PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:37 pm
    ----
AZRich wrote:
I've got major squeaking coming from my front suspension when turning (whether I'm going forward, reverse or parked and just turning the wheel). I believe I've narrowed it down to the LCA's by spraying silicone spray on the UCA bushings, lower shock bolt, tie rods, and finally the LCA bushings and ball joint. I've heard that tightening the LCA bolts can help, but I also don't want to risk blowing out the LCAs on the freeway or something by being negligent. Are there any other tests I can try to determine whether the LCAs are shot?

Also, how do you like those Energy Suspension bushings, Jimbo? Noticeable difference?

Tightening them (past spec) isn't the answer, just keep them torqued to spec. If they squeak they may be dirty or worn out. Try washing them out at a spray car wash or with a pressure washer and some soap (now that you have waterproof lube in there). Obviously be careful with a pressure washer, don't jam it all up in there.

To tell if they are shot, see if there is any movement in the LCA (other than the designed motion). get the front off the ground and really push on the wheels while watching that bushing closly, if it's sloppy it's bad.

Sometimes a bushing will squeak before it's totally worn out, not much you can do other than apply tri-flow avery few days or just replace them.

#9: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: AZRichLocation: Ahwatukee PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm
    ----
Cool, thanks 4gauge, I’ll try wiggling them about and see what happens from there.

#10: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: mod_muscle PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:33 pm
    ----
AZRich wrote:

That’s my concern with the aftermarket energy suspension bushings. I learned from building muscle cars that rubber bushings in the lower control arms gave a better/smoother ride. But that may not be as noticeable on an FJ with big squishy tires and good shocks.

#11: Re: Lower control arms bushings??? Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:22 am
    ----
They work great and don't squeek

-> 4x4 Tech