Disc golf
-> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings

#1: Disc golf Author: calichaos PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:28 am
    ----
I have the crazy idea to be slightly more active in my life.. and I thought perhaps Disc Golf would be a low impact way to get moving.

Are there any Disc Golf players here that wouldn't mind a complete newb tagging along for casual play? My inventory of discs is exactly 2 .. and my throwing time has been thus far limited to the yard and a bit of park (no actual course work yet). So at the very least it should be humorous for even a slightly experienced person to witness Smile

#2: Re: Disc golf Author: azflycasterLocation: Fountain Hills PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:52 am
    ----
www.pdga.com/course-di...olf-course

nextgendiscgolf.com/na...mpionship/

I could walk here from my house they take the stuff serious I was thinking about picking up some discs at Walmart......

Think I'll be ready for Nationals??

#3: Re: Disc golf Author: calichaos PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 am
    ----
Yeah like any hobby Disc Golf can quickly become expensive and obsessive. Currently I am not either.

Azflycaster.. Will you be ready for Nationals? Sorry to say highly doubtful seeing as it is invite only and you most likely have no ranking.

#4: Re: Disc golf Author: Sub4FJLocation: Chandler, AZ PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 pm
    ----
Sure. What part of the Valley do you live? How early do you wake up on the weekends? How far are you willing to travel to throw a round piece of plastic?

#5: Re: Disc golf Author: calichaos PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm
    ----
Sub4FJ wrote:
Sure. What part of the Valley do you live? How early do you wake up on the weekends? How far are you willing to travel to throw a round piece of plastic?

North Phoenix - I17 - Cactus area.
I am normally up early (5:30am ish)
Have motorcycle - will travel Smile

#6: Re: Disc golf Author: SplaggLocation: Cottonwood PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:19 pm
    ----
I've heard there are a handful of nice courses around the valley. You could make a nice day trip out of visiting the one in Cottonwood at Riverfront Park.

#7: Re: Disc golf Author: Sub4FJLocation: Chandler, AZ PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 pm
    ----
Sorry for the late notice but I am playing tomorrow morning. If you would like to play we can meet at Buffalo Ridge which is closer to your house but not really a good beginners course or Scottsdale Vista del Camino course which is more friendly but much further away. Regardless of location I plan on starting at 7:00.

-> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings