6th Annual Watson Family Hay Ride
-> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings

#1: 6th Annual Watson Family Hay Ride Author: Double_ALocation: Zion, IL (temporarily) PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 pm
    ----
My family and I are hosting our annual hay ride to look at Christmas lights this Saturday, December 23. Everyone is welcome to join us. We will have snacks, hot chocolate and coffee when we meet at the park. Then we load up on the trailers to look at the lights around Coral Gables. We meet about 6:00 p.m., at Moon Valley Park, 502 W Coral Gables Dr & Seventh Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85023

goo.gl/maps/yHyKAJQPLLr

***We are going to need another trailer. Would any non-members like to tow a trailer in our hay ride? Do any non-members have a trailer we could use for this event?***

If you want to go with us, please give me a rough estimate as to how many people you're bringing as soon as you can. We hope to see y'all there, and Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Double_A on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Annual Christmas Lights Hay Ride Author: mod_muscle PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:37 pm
    ----
Sounds fun! But I’m in Tucson and a little too far for us. I hope you guys have a great time! And Merry Christmas!

#3: Re: Annual Christmas Lights Hay Ride Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:21 am
    ----
In tucson, we have winterhaven. No more animals pulling the trailers, now they use propane powered old CJ5 jeeps with equally archaeological drivers.

tucson.com/news/blogs/...b8879.html

Then of course, they have THIS:

#4: Re: Annual Christmas Lights Hay Ride Author: mod_muscle PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 am
    ----
Winter haven ain’t what it used to be. Last year or the year before, our trailer was pulled by an old Jeep and that thing was dumping the fuel into the cylinders. We all about asphyxiated!

#5: Re: Annual Christmas Lights Hay Ride Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:09 am
    ----
mod_muscle wrote:
Winter haven ain’t what it used to be. Last year or the year before, our trailer was pulled by an old Jeep and that thing was dumping the fuel into the cylinders. We all about asphyxiated!

All of those old 'cash for clunkers' had 20lb Propane tanks on them this year. Most of the guys driving looked like the AZ lottery prospector guy.

#6: Re: 6th Annual Watson Family Hay Ride Author: Double_ALocation: Zion, IL (temporarily) PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 pm
    ----
We are thinking of going again tomorrow, Christmas Eve. 6:00 p.m. meet at Moon Valley Park, Coral Gable and 7th Ave. Would anyone be interested in going?

-> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings