The next Toyota offroad icon
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General Discussion

#1: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: calichaos PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 am
    ----
Toyota hints at a new truck for the offroad market:

www.autoblog.com/2017/...-new-york/

www.cnet.com/roadshow/...nco-rival/

www.motorauthority.com...-auto-show

truckyeah.jalopnik.com...1787933804

#2: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: Grinder PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 am
    ----
God, I hope they do right by this vehicle.

#3: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:13 am
    ----
I think they picked a good color

#4: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: tibaal89Location: Tucson, AZ PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 am
    ----
Oh, automotive press...

"the rugged Y-spoke wheels and meaty 225/55 18-inch Goodyears suggest a proper rough-and-tumble off-roader is afoot."

#5: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: Grinder PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 am
    ----
I would guess that's a front tire, but I did notice it's not a coil-over shock. And Jim, get your eyes checked. It's orange.

#6: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: calichaos PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 am
    ----
so since the FJ Cruiser was concept in 2003, and not released until 2007; I guess we have a 4 year wait ahead of us.. and we all know how the concept doesnt exactly translate to production

#7: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:54 am
    ----
Grinder wrote:
I would guess that's a front tire, but I did notice it's not a coil-over shock. And Jim, get your eyes checked. It's orange.

Maybe on the planet you're from the atmosphere alters the colors but that is "SUNFUSION" my friend.

I will concede however, that the original concept was VooDoo blue. Another FINE color. I think my third choice is the Bucketboy Red. I LOVE those TRAILTEAMS red ones. Kind of like a Fire Chief FJ.

#8: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: SplaggLocation: Cottonwood PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am
    ----
Jimbolio wrote:
Grinder wrote:

Maybe on the planet you're from the atmosphere alters the colors but that is "SUNFUSION" my friend.

I will concede however, that the original concept was VooDoo blue. Another FINE color. I think my third choice is the Bucketboy Red. I LOVE those TRAILTEAMS red ones. Kind of like a Fire Chief FJ.

Definitely orange... "Inferno" if you prefer.

#9: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: Dravur PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 pm
    ----
and I do prefer "Inferno"

Although... I did test drive the new Power Wagon...

#10: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:32 pm
    ----
Splagg wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
Grinder wrote:

I DO prefer Inferno, but only when it's in a plastic bottle:

But that FJ is as Yeller as a school bus.

#11: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: 4GaugeSurpriseLocation: South Mtn-ish. PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:47 pm
    ----
tibaal89 wrote:
Oh, automotive press...

"the rugged Y-spoke wheels and meaty 225/55 18-inch Goodyears suggest a proper rough-and-tumble off-roader is afoot."

Exactly! I can't wait to have the whole "what psi to air down to" discussion with those. Rolling Eyes

#12: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: azflycasterLocation: Fountain Hills PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:28 pm
    ----
The ZR2 coming out is gonna have 2 lockers....

#13: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:03 pm
    ----
4GaugeSurprise wrote:
tibaal89 wrote:
Oh, automotive press...

Exactly! I can't wait to have the whole "what psi to air down to" discussion with those. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but changing tires will be a "snap"

#14: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: 4GaugeSurpriseLocation: South Mtn-ish. PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 pm
    ----
azflycaster wrote:
The ZR2 coming out is gonna have 2 lockers....
Should be about twice as useful as the locker on the Colorado.

#15: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Author: Grinder PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:28 pm
    ----
Splagg wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
Grinder wrote:

This is correct. Not Sunfusion.

-> General Discussion