FJ Summit 2017
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings

#16: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: CeeFishLocation: Flagstaff PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 am
    ----
Lightner creek is a good spot. We've stayed there numerous times. Mike is correct about exploring Kennebec Pass. I've been up there a few times and it is amazing and close by.

Good wildlife viewing as well. πŸ¦πŸƒπŸ…πŸ†πŸŠπŸΏπŸ¦‘

#17: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: pack-smartLocation: Fountain Hills, AZ PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:28 am
    ----
Just go. Cee-fish welcomed me at the Durango Walmart with a windshield business card and stood next to me in line for food for 15 minutes in Ouray without saying a word.

I still owe C-fish a syntethic line for the M-8000.

Go have fun and for those folks who haven't been to Ouray, CO make it happen in 2017..

#18: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: CeeFishLocation: Flagstaff PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 am
    ----
pack-smart wrote:
....Cee-fish welcomed me at the Durango Walmart with a windshield business card and stood next to me in line for food for 15 minutes in Ouray without saying a word.

I still owe C-fish a syntethic line for the M-8000...

I've never met you that I can recall...That 15 minutes would have been a good time to introduce yourself! Very Happy

Don't know anything about a winch line. Think of it as a 🎁

#19: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: 1LouderLocation: Chandler PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 pm
    ----
ZZMikey thanks for the heads up. Now I have to figure out where I am going to stay for the Summit....

#20: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: pack-smartLocation: Fountain Hills, AZ PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:04 am
    ----
Hi C-fish. You met me about 4X. You are always very professional BTW. I did call you at 4WP. You remember me discussing syn line with you? Do you remember me when you explained your badge on a trail run with ORP?' I also talked to you about your rear back-up lights/colored screens. You and your buddy who is a "teacher" afterward were trying to figure out my bent red Bud Built skid plate.

ZZmikey, do you understand now why I stayed away from AZFJ.org for so long? I told you why at the gas station in Florennce. I was in the 08 Silver FJ and my buddy was in a 10 Tan.

Seriously, I will never own ever own a Jeep, but I learned more in 30 years.

#21: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 am
    ----
1Louder wrote:
ZZMikey thanks for the heads up. Now I have to figure out where I am going to stay for the Summit....

The KOA just north of town wasn't too bad. I hear the Amphitheater CG is ok, but usually fills up. Don't camp near the bathroom. (Trailbus1 recommendation)

Ridgeway State Park is beautiful, but 30 minutes away. A bummer.

#22: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: 1LouderLocation: Chandler PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:21 pm
    ----
Jimbolio wrote:
1Louder wrote:

The KOA just north of town wasn't too bad. I hear the Amphitheater CG is ok, but usually fills up. Don't camp near the bathroom. (Trailbus1 recommendation)

Ridgeway State Park is beautiful, but 30 minutes away. A bummer.

Last time I stayed at Ridgeway. Long drive and makes drinking in town pretty much impossible. I will check out the KOA and the other one. Do you think the one in town where they are hard to get a hold of is already sold out?

#23: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: 1LouderLocation: Chandler PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm
    ----
KOA and Amphitheater are sold out... Poop

I booked in the state park for now. At least that way I have some place to stay until I may be able to figure something better out. Maybe I just need to hire a local kid to drive me back and forth from town!

#24: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:02 pm
    ----
Waitlist 4j&j

#25: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: airconditionednightmareLocation: North Phoenix PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:06 pm
    ----
Ouray RV Park & Cabins was really nice last year. And pretty close. www.ourayrvpark.com/

#26: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 pm
    ----
That must be a new place, looks like it has availability

#27: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: 1LouderLocation: Chandler PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:43 am
    ----
Jimbolio wrote:
That must be a new place, looks like it has availability

Not sure where you are seeing availability. I see full for the tent sites.

#28: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 pm
    ----
The RV pull through had sites when I looked. Aren't you pulling a turtle back?

#29: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: 1LouderLocation: Chandler PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 pm
    ----
Jimbolio wrote:
The RV pull through had sites when I looked. Aren't you pulling a turtle back?

Pretty sure it was not available for all of the days and the price was pretty high. I can check again tomorrow.

#30: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Author: 1LouderLocation: Chandler PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm
    ----
I called the RV park today. They were very helpful. I have one spot for 3 nights and for now have to move to a different higher priced spot for the last night. You are allowed to have a 2nd vehicle in a space but not additional tents or trailers.

I won't cancel my other reservation yet down at the state park but for those that can't find closer accommodations it is a nice park and pretty cheap. It's just 30-40 min away.

-> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings