Facebook has KILLED this forum
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> General Discussion

#1: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:54 am
    ----
Just sayin.
I guess It's time to move on. (NO that doesn't mean Facebook).

#2: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: CactusmanLocation: Glendale PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:24 pm
    ----
I don't really do facebook... I guess people use that more?

#3: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: SplaggLocation: Cottonwood PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:59 pm
    ----
I don't think so but I've only been around for a couple years.

That being said, I've spent a decent amount of time digging through old posts for whatever reason (sometimes to find info, sometimes I'm just bored, etc).

If you want to blame something for "killing" this forum, I think it would have to be the disappearance of so many of its active users.

Yes, there are things that show up on the AZFJ Facebook group that don't make it on here. But those things aren't the majority. Except maybe pictures, because posting here requires either uploading pictures to this site or somewhere else on the web and then sharing/linking them here. Facebook is simply an easier, more user friendly system to share photos.

This board is such an incredible wealth of knowledge, information, and individual wisdom... Facebook doesn't even come close.

#4: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: CeeFishLocation: Flagstaff PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:29 pm
    ----
Social media has dramatically changed the world we live in.

Accept it and adapt, or don't. Your choice as an individual.

I (and I'm sure many others) visit this forum everyday...I don't post as often as I've found other means to communicate with my target audience.

I'd wager that 90% of this forums active members are on social media BTW.

#5: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: nimragLocation: middle of PHX PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:13 pm
    ----
I'll stick with azfj.org over Facebook

#6: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: gliderazLocation: avondale PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 pm
    ----
I agree.....
I do this site and jen does facebook side of things, she is way busier than me too say the least

#7: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: tibaal89Location: Tucson, AZ PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:45 pm
    ----
The vehicle this forum is centered on went from brand new and exciting to no longer produced in the decade we've been around. It's natural that things aren't as bustling anymore.

If people want to use Facebook that's good, the point should be to keep the community alive not a website. As long as enough people still give a crap though I'll keep this online.

#8: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: toyo22rLocation: Goodyear PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 pm
    ----
nimrag wrote:
I'll stick with azfj.org over Facebook

X2

#9: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: mod_muscle PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 pm
    ----
I didn't realize this forum was dead! Sad

But I did notice I don't see ceefish posting much anymore. I just figured he had become a flagstaff snob. Or hippie!

😂🤡

#10: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: Dravur PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 pm
    ----
I dropped Facebook a couple years ago. So, I miss out on most things. But yeah, this site is dying a slow death. It seems the runs here are few and far between, the get togethers are amongst small cliques of people. It happens.

#11: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: SplaggLocation: Cottonwood PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:17 pm
    ----
tibaal89 wrote:
the point should be to keep the community alive not a website. As long as enough people still give a crap though I'll keep this online.

Amen and thank you!

#12: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: BellyDoc PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm
    ----
I find facebook annoying.

I like having conversations separated into threads. Even when they wander, they're still more interesting to me than a single melting pot of chatter.

I don't need my updates in real time. I have a lot of other things to do. That said, I still check on this forum multiple times a day.

You guys crack me up!! It's all worth it even if there's no new posts for a while.

#13: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: FatRat PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:26 pm
    ----
This forum is going to be what YOU make of it. It sounds like there are several that prefer this forum, so make it worth it. There is no reason this place can't still offer good conversations and help again like it did in the past.

I personally have never considered this forum media, more a family. If people prefer the media side then good luck to them. I will stick with the family.

#14: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: azflycasterLocation: Fountain Hills PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:55 pm
    ----
I refuse to do Facebook! But I'm thinking about getting a boob job do you think it will help my social life????

#15: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Author: JimbolioLocation: Tucson PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm
    ----
azflycaster wrote:
I refuse to do Facebook! But I'm thinking about getting a boob job do you think it will help my social life????

Start a go fund me, I'd throw $5 bucks at that cause

-> General Discussion