Saturday, November 17, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: gadzoom
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2061

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 170
Total: 170
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Mexico, quick getaway to the beach...
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Mexico, quick getaway to the beach...
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speedy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexico, quick getaway to the beach... Reply with quote

No offense taken here..... It is just not for everyone....
Chigoe
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexico, quick getaway to the beach... Reply with quote

Sounds like a blast. Havent been to Kino Bay for years....we have a spot in Cholla bay. This may be too close to the Summit but I will consider if my 84 Yota comes together as expected.

As far as safety is concerned, they are correct about kindness of the poeple and hospitality being great. Millions of poeple go south of the border without incedent. And to ease worries....do it in a group as this will be!! My two cents as a visitor of Mexico hundreds of times since the mid sixtys.

Finchy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Mexico, quick getaway to the beach... Reply with quote

Concerning the safety - there is no doubt that there can be an issue or two while in Mexico, but you can really minimize any risk by what has been outlined here. Don't speed (at all), stop at all stop signs, travel the toll roads when you can, etc. There are not very many accounts (none that I have ever heard actually) of bad things happening in large groups like this. Don't drive/travel at night.

We have a place in Rocky Point and have never had an issue, but we are pretty careful and we follow the rules.

This sounds like an awesome trip. I hope it works out.
Finchy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexico, quick getaway to the beach... Reply with quote

Bump - Are you still thinking about organizing this trip? It is sad how quick the weekends are filling up the next 3-4 months. Can't belive it is mid-March already!
eurorom
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mexico, quick getaway to the beach... Reply with quote

I am up for this trip if there is still room, I have done this trip many time and would like to take a trip thru Punta Chueca passing by the largest Island in Mexico and coming up thru Desemboque this route is for adventures only as we will cross thru an indian reservetion Siris Indians.

Please advice if there is any interest in the area mention before, we must travel in a group to do this.

dizzyspots
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexico, quick getaway to the beach... Reply with quote

Jose...welcome to the group. Jose was one of the 4 other vehicles that led us on out 1st FJ Foray into Baja and whale watching. It was a fantastic trip, with ZERO hassles or concerns. We played by the rules, treated others like we would like to be treated and had a blast. It is worth the trip just for the beaches under the full moon. Sharon and I are ready to go again, but with Summit approachin, we'll have to wait for Fall..mid October???
Mike
eurorom
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mexico, quick getaway to the beach... Reply with quote

Ok Mike just get 3 days off and we are set, let's enjoy life you can save peoples lifes when you get back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: