Monday, July 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Donny_b
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1946

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 44
Total: 44
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME!
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

In the non-club spirit and philosophy of AZFJ, I just want to make it very clear that are NO official vendors here.

Recall the famous words of BellyDoc,

Quote:
Welcome to the official unofficial web page for the AZFJ's, a random collection of people
who have agreed, by tacit consent, not to abide by any principles of governance. We
are not a "club", a "group" or an "organization".

Bound together by an entirely arbitrary bond, our unusual capacity for cooperation and
collective benevolence is a random stroke of luck. That we function at all is a feat.

Without label, and in defiance of categorization, the thing itself remains, barely able to
retain it's own name. It is to be beheld without being described. It is what it is.

For anyone who is concerned, let me make it clear about the website...

- There will never be official vendors on this site
- There will never be paid advertisements on this site

The AZFJ group is defined only by the collective will of it's (non)members, not the people who have volunteered to run this website. Therefore, the people running the site will not accept money from business interests. We will do our best to respect the words put forth by BellyDoc, which I believe reflects the core philosophy of the AZFJ. Not allowing paid advertisers is one such step in this pursuit.

A vendor is welcome to start one thread about their business in this section. There they may introduce themselves, and let the community know about anything cool they have going on which might interest nonmembers of the AZFJ. Vendors are welcome to participate fully in the nonclub majesty of AZFJ and its website, but will act as individuals and not use the website to constantly plug their business in other threads.

Please comment on the above statements, I want to be sure this reflects our feelings. Thoughts?

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...

Last edited by tibaal89 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
crazycarwes
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

Perfect!

Well said Mike!
1leglance
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

Whatever Smile
No really I like your thoughts and the only thing I would add is that you should put up a sticky with a paypal adrs we can donate to in order to cover cost...that way we know it is US that makes it happen not vendors.
I like the 1 thread or few thread clause...I know this will require efforts on the the mods but I like it.
It is great to have vendors who will talk with us and let us know what is going on....adv up the darkhole isn't so nice Smile

SpeshulEd
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

if vendors want to give us free stickers that should be ok though. Razz
Itanius
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. This should be a fan/customer site, not a commercial one. We have the blue room for that.

Mr_R2FJ
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

1leglance wrote:
Whatever Smile
the only thing I would add is that you should put up a sticky with a paypal adrs we can donate to in order to cover cost...that way we know it is US that makes it happen not vendors.

I really appreciate this sentiment, but it didn't cost me anything but time to put the site up. I already run other sites on this machine so it was just adding one more to it. There are associated costs involved but if people really want to give please give to the site. The better the content of the trail/vender reviews or pictures the more everyone gets out of it. So far we've got some excellent contributions from the members here. Lets keep that up!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

tibaal89 wrote:
A vendor is welcome to start one thread about their business in this section. There they may introduce themselves, and let the community know about anything cool they have going on which might interest nonmembers of the AZFJ. Vendors are welcome to participate fully in the nonclub majesty of AZFJ and its website, but will act as individuals and not use the website to constantly plug their business in other threads.

I've been spending some time on this vacation going through and cleaning up some of the threads on the website. In order to keep things fair, please remember that vendors are allowed to have only one thread in the vendor section pertaining to their business...this includes new products, sales, specials, and people who are giving reviews of the business either good or bad. Exceptions would be for companies planning trips or events, which should be in posted in the Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings forum.

Since we have decided to not have any official sponsors on this forum, I'm just trying to keep things on a level playing field for anyone here who owns a business and would like to advertise it. AZFJ is a great community and I have no problems with supporting each other! Feel free to bump up your thread as much as you like, just remember to keep it contained to one thread in the vendor section! Very Happy

This process is on-going so if you see anything strange, or threads moving around bear with me!

Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

I agree with all of this. Just curious why this was brought up?
rockfj
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

Agreed.
Remcon
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

Needs to be brought up now and again. I can't help but think that some people see something that's fairly free and they'll find some way of either making a profit or try to find some way of taking advantage for personal gain.

This site shows what happens, where the non-members respect each other well enough, when there is a place where you can actually be yourself and not have to worry about being "flamed" for being different.

Vendors are in a different category altogether. There's is a for profit only category. Yes, there are decent places to get good equipment and where one can get fair treatment. Let's not forget that they ARE vendors where the dollar helps them stay in business. That's a big difference.

Mike, Heidi, and Josh (and any others who have helped here) have done a tremendous job of keeping this at the grass roots level and I think that they've done a huge job here - all at their own expense. They've taken what a handful of people of wanted to do and made this into a place where we can keep in touch with 'our world' and not have to worry about being distracted by ads and popups. If I'm wrong here, well, ce la vie...I'm wrong

And now with 3" OME lift!
cyrus16
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

I'm so glad that we don't have all the ad space. It drives me crazy, that's why I don't go on the blue room. Everyone who takes care of this site, a BIG THANK YOU!

Party like a mortician, grab a cold one!

Last edited by cyrus16 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Miss_Artoo
Trail Leader
Trail Leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

Thanks for all the responses. Lately we have had some spammers make their way to the website, so thats kind of what go my attention to get this started. This site also keeps growing and growing, so I figured it would be easier to clean this up and post up a friendly reminder now rather than wait for it to get totally out of control!

We really appreciate all the thanks, honestly neither myself, Josh, nor Mike expect anything but some days it can really feel like a thankless job. With that said it is YOU GUYS who make this site what it is. I have other local groups I'm involved in and most of the time I can't even bring myself to go visit the online forum for fear of the drama I will find!

Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT VENDOR INFO - READ ME! Reply with quote

cyrus16 wrote:
I'm so glad that we don't have all the ad space. It drives me crazy, that's why I don't go on the blue room. Everyone who takes care of this site, a BIG THANK YOU!

If you use firefox, try adblock plus
adblockplus.org/en/installation

it takes a lot of the pain out of the blue room...well the advertising pain anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: