Wednesday, March 20, 2019

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: BennyD
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2076

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 61
Total: 62
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Sub4FJ > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Always and AZFJ fan favorite and a MUST do trail for anyone down south of the Gila, come along for what could prove to be a very nice weather day. The last time we ran this as AZFJ was March of '17. It's time to do it again!

Do you want to be even more famous than you are now? Come along and get in some of the photos tackling the obstacles and you could end up as one of the waypoint photos. This time I'm only going to do a Trip Report, so only pictures of changed stuff are required. (I hear the head knocker tree is burned down Sad )

WHAT: Fun Run out to Chimney Rock and along FR4431 through the messy stuff to Redington Rd. This is doable in a stock FJ, but will require a little more skill than graded road high speed baja running. This is MY favorite trail near Tucson. You can read about the trail in exacting detail here
Trails Offroad .com Chimney Rock Trail (requires sign up)

WHEN: Saturday, December 29th, 2018 @09:00 am (For the lighting angles)

WHERE: Rally up at the Circle K at 11271 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749 for Airdown, snacks, fuel, etc.

HOW: Lunch on the Trail, There are three or four good obstacles that we'll stop at and take some pictures. Some video of rigs in front and behind me, etc. Should take 3-4 hours or so. (Maybe a little more).

WHO's IN?
    Jimbolio & Spock
    CementGray
    Ollanik

TRAIL DESCRIPTION: azfj.org/index.php?nam...opic&t=974

PREVIOUS RUNS OUT TO CHIMNEY ROCK TRAIL:

azfj.org/index.php?nam...ht=CHIMNEY

and MANY MANY more...

Last edited by Jimbolio on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:11 am; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Sorry Jim...I will be out of town then. Have fun!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Be safe in the frozen north Aaron.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Ollanik
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Would an old fj40 slow you down? Looks like a great ride.

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

If I k ow Jim... he would LOVE to have an old FJ 40 join him!!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

This is the road I cut my teeth in my '78 on. Of course, that was long before the border patrol 'fixed' it up. Come on over!

TALON716
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Would love to go! Gotta make sure nothing else is going on that day. I will let you know tomorrow.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: POSTPONED or CHIMNEY ROCK? 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

STOP THE PRESSES! Unorseen family commitment at 6pm forces me to pstpone or change the duration of this run
OPTION A: move to Sunday 12/30
OPTION B: Change to Chimney rock.but same day.

Which should we do?

Last edited by Jimbolio on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TALON716
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Can a stock with skids handle Chimney? I would not be able to make Sunday.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Solero Road/Bull Springs 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

A stock with skids can make Chimney, or at least it used to be able to. It may be rougher since the burro fire.

CementGray
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

--

Last edited by CementGray on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

TALON716 Are you IN?

TALON716
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Sorry Jim, something came up (as usual in my life) Hope you all had a good time. Vaughn

Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

Did this Run happen?
Hope it was a good one!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Chimney ROCK 4x4 Last Run of 2018 Reply with quote

It happened. It was a good run

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: