Sunday, November 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: gadzoom
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2061

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 128
Total: 129
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: SpoilerFJ84 > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Disc golf
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Disc golf
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Disc golf Reply with quote

I have the crazy idea to be slightly more active in my life.. and I thought perhaps Disc Golf would be a low impact way to get moving.

Are there any Disc Golf players here that wouldn't mind a complete newb tagging along for casual play? My inventory of discs is exactly 2 .. and my throwing time has been thus far limited to the yard and a bit of park (no actual course work yet). So at the very least it should be humorous for even a slightly experienced person to witness Smile
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Disc golf Reply with quote

www.pdga.com/course-di...olf-course

nextgendiscgolf.com/na...mpionship/

I could walk here from my house they take the stuff serious I was thinking about picking up some discs at Walmart......

Think I'll be ready for Nationals??

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Disc golf Reply with quote

Yeah like any hobby Disc Golf can quickly become expensive and obsessive. Currently I am not either.

Azflycaster.. Will you be ready for Nationals? Sorry to say highly doubtful seeing as it is invite only and you most likely have no ranking.
Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc golf Reply with quote

Sure. What part of the Valley do you live? How early do you wake up on the weekends? How far are you willing to travel to throw a round piece of plastic?

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc golf Reply with quote

Sub4FJ wrote:
Sure. What part of the Valley do you live? How early do you wake up on the weekends? How far are you willing to travel to throw a round piece of plastic?

North Phoenix - I17 - Cactus area.
I am normally up early (5:30am ish)
Have motorcycle - will travel Smile
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc golf Reply with quote

I've heard there are a handful of nice courses around the valley. You could make a nice day trip out of visiting the one in Cottonwood at Riverfront Park.

Sub4FJ
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Disc golf Reply with quote

Sorry for the late notice but I am playing tomorrow morning. If you would like to play we can meet at Buffalo Ridge which is closer to your house but not really a good beginners course or Scottsdale Vista del Camino course which is more friendly but much further away. Regardless of location I plan on starting at 7:00.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: