Sunday, December 09, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: jameswise
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2065

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 150
Total: 150
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Everyone with radflos please read
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Everyone with radflos please read
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone with radflos please read Reply with quote

ArizonaMitch wrote:
4GaugeSurprise wrote:
Loving the Radflo's. I'm possibly the most abusive driver I know and these things keep taking it and keeping me rubber side down, no small feat. There are a few things that could use improvement, like the external hose fitting on the coilover setup, it is in the way of the spring preload adjustment so that could use a redesign. But after doing everything from high speed Baja style, canyon carving (with the RTT on), on and off road jumps, rock crawling, and a whole bunch of other stupid crap, the Radflo's still provide comfort AND control. I dished out the extra $$$ for the adjustable compression and believe that was money well spent.
I saw a reference to the adjustable compression option. How does that work... I can't see any details on their site. So the collar adjusts the height like the others, which usually changes compression. I'm guessing this an additional adjustment for compression, independent of the height setting?

Adjusting the spring height changes pre-load (and ride height), not compression. The dampening adjustment requires the resi's and adds a dial on them that adjusts the valving inside the shocks making them move easier / harder, affecting the ride as such. This doesn't help you get more or less lift or sag, that's all in the springs, but it does help with handling and comfort.
It is still very important to know about how much weight you are planning (steel bumpers, skids, lots of gear) and get the correct springs for that weight. I keep the plastic bumpers, no fridge, try to keep it light so I have lighter springs than most and it rides great. If I added heavy steel bumpers with my current springs I would probably drop down to stock height (lower in the rear).
Radflo knows their products and can get you the correct setup, just tell them what you're running and what you like.

On the Radflo site, you select the shocks you want then add "Compression Adjusters" - this automatically gets you the external resi. it is not shown in the photos though.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: