Wednesday, May 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LandCruiserSteve
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2016

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 157
Total: 157
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › aux switches
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
aux switches
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: aux switches Reply with quote

Has anyone found any OEM style auxiliary switches for the cabin that light up the same orange color as the factory switches?

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

I'm using a bunch of these http://www.ch4x4.com/product-category/push-series/
Pretty happy with them, once you figure out that the Toyota dash dimming circuit uses a varying ground (not the technical term) so you get them dimming properly with the rest of the dash. They still seem a bit brighter and have more light bleed than OEM, but way cheaper and a ton of fun options.
The smaller ones are good for non-stock locations too.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks!

My Google-fu must have been weak, because that site never came up during my searches. A little more expensive, but if I can get the same orange color I'll be happy.

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Mark. I just received my three switch’s. TPMS, Onboard Air, and Fog Lights. 👍🏻
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

Happy to help.
I just noticed they now have the ability to make custom buttons from uploaded images ... I wonder if "Get out of the left F****** LANE!!" is too much?

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

Quote:
I just noticed they now have the ability to make custom buttons from uploaded images ... I wonder if "Get out of the left F****** LANE!!" is too much?

Probably not. I imagine it would just be one button that activates all of your forward facing lights at the same time Laughing

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

SpoilerFJ84 wrote:
Quote:

Probably not. I imagine it would just be one button that activates all of your forward facing lights at the same time Laughing

I already did almost that. Rolling Eyes
Used the OEM AUX light harness and relay for some driving lights, as long as the button is pushed everything but the wide flood HID's come on with the high beams. Smile (those made road signs painfully reflective thus actually reducing overall visibility- lesson learned).

SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

That actually brings up something interesting...

I just replaced my factory headlight bulbs with some LEDs and I've found that there is no difference in light output between the DTL and when I turn the lights on myself.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

SpoilerFJ84 wrote:
That actually brings up something interesting...

I just replaced my factory headlight bulbs with some LEDs and I've found that there is no difference in light output between the DTL and when I turn the lights on myself.

because the DTL's use a circuit to run the bulbs at a lower voltage, the LED's don't have any circuitry to adapt to that so various things happen depending on how the bulbs were made. You got the best case it seems, sometimes it a nasty flicker, sometimes it's other less desirable results.

SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: aux switches Reply with quote

Well, in all honesty, right after I wrote that I walked outside and unplugged the DTL connector by the driver side light. No more DTLs =)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: