Tuesday, February 20, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 106
Total: 106
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

WHAT

A Good Family Fun Day!

Always a great time on this run/event at Box Canyon and th the AZ Renaissance Festival (Turkey Legs!)
www.royalfaires.com/arizona/

So thought it would be fun to do an AZFJ Ren Fest Day again!

Do an early Box Canyon Run in the morning and then go to Ren Fest around 10:30-11 on February 25th.

Start with Box Canyon from South to North (enter at Price Rd).
Then head out North via Mineral Moutain Mine road and head back on the 60 to the Renaissance Festival

Info about the Trail:
Box Canyon (very easy, but fun and beautiful trail) is a signature trail, good trail for beginners and all.

Box Canyon
www.everytrail.com/gui...il-arizona

Pics from our run to Box Canyon last year
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ight=wench

Renaissance Festival
Directions:
www.royalfaires.com/ar...2&Itemid=3

WHEN
Sunday, February 25th

MEETUP
Depart from Shell Station in Gold Canyon at 7:30am (off of RT 60 across from the Renaissance Fair).
www.google.com/maps/pr...d-111.4675

Go to airdown spot off of Price Road and then get on the trail around 8am.

A fun run for veterans, a fun run for noobs who want to see what their truck can do!

IN FOR WHEELING AND REN FEST
Zzmikey
ZzPeggy
Ray G
Aijams
Safetyhooker
PazzoFJ
Blacksh33p
Rich K
Shooter
Joe and Tiffany
Jimbolio

IN FOR JUST WHEELING

MAYBE
Brett
Save Munsterman
CeeBliss
Tommy
Glider
Grinder
Gil
Masada

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"

Last edited by zzmikey on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Aijams
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

Count me in for just wheelin', thx! Smile

Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

In for wheeling
CampFJ
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

No longer a maybe....we are IN!

Masada
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

I'm a maybe for the wheeling part. Need to talk the wife into getting up that early to go...

GillT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

I will be a maybe

I may have some tickets that I can give the group (please check with me before doing a group buy). I get about 100 tickets a year from them and don't think I use them all (usually give out to customers).

When the renfair ships out their tickets to me, I will see if I can grab a few for you guys and get them to Mike.

A highly dangerous virus called "Weekly Overload Recreational Killer" (WORK) is currently going around. If you come in contact with this WORK virus, you should immediately go to the nearest BAR for "Biological Anxiety Relief".
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

GillT wrote:
I will be a maybe

I may have some tickets that I can give the group (please check with me before doing a group buy). I get about 100 tickets a year from them and don't think I use them all (usually give out to customers).

When the renfair ships out their tickets to me, I will see if I can grab a few for you guys and get them to Mike.

That's would be great Gil!

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

CampFJ wrote:
No longer a maybe....we are IN!

Yes!

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

Anyone plan on decorating their trucks or themselves?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

I'm a strong definitely potential Maybe.
Just need to know if it's possible to avoid the Waterfall (Which will impact my vehicle choice).
FJ if NO - the Waterfall is a requirement
GX if YES - you can drive around the Waterfall and protect your investment
Might have a LEGACY FJ40 tagging along.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
NathansLola
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

Ill be in for Wenching definitely (dressed up) and maybe wheeling, depending on if i get my suspension on before then.

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
I'm a strong definitely potential Maybe.
Just need to know if it's possible to avoid the Waterfall (Which will impact my vehicle choice).
FJ if NO - the Waterfall is a requirement
GX if YES - you can drive around the Waterfall and protect your investment
Might have a LEGACY FJ40 tagging along.

we are doing same route we typically do, which is coming in on Price Rd, going up the Waterfall, heading north on Mineral Mine Rd, heading back west on the 60. If you want to come with us that way, then yes, FJ needed.

If you want to bring your new wheels, you could still come with us, go all the way to the waterfall, and just turn around and go back out the way you came.

PS - does the GX have a locker? if so, we can get that up the waterfall no problem...without even scraping. Smile

I must have gotten Ray Geiser up that waterfall 5 times fully stock FJ without ever touching a thing underneath. well. might have scraped his bash plate slightly once and maybe a kiss on the bottom once. but no damage to be sure!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

Has a Center Diff Lock. Not sure if that locks both the front and rear at the same time.

Frome what I am reading, it's more like ATRAC.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

In for both
SpoilerFJ84
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wheelin' and Wenchin' Again! Box Canyon & Ren Fest Run 2/25 Reply with quote

maybe...just for wheeling. gotta ask the boss

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: