Sunday, February 18, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 101
Total: 101
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › SOLD - Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
SOLD - Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: SOLD - Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

www.boztec.us.com/rear...plate.html

Well used diff skid made by highly reputable brand. Skid only has scrapes, no deformations. retails new for $385. Needs one UBolt, all other hardware included

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"

Last edited by zzmikey on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Biotech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

For anyone that gets this, call Leonie at Boztec for the U bolt. I got a set from her a few months back and they were $25 + $7 shipping.
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Biotech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

I guess GMG got that welded on diff skid squared away for you. I am hoping GMG will be able to fab my missing part for the Boztec skid so I can use mine.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Biotech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
http://www.boztec.us.com/reardiffskidplate.html

Well used diff skid made by highly reputable brand. Skid only has scrapes, no deformations. retails new for $385. Needs one UBolt, all other hardware included

Why you ditching your Boztech skid? that's the handiest invention since toilet paper? (And believe me, there have been situations that the boztech saved me from needing toilet paper)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Biotech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

i think he went weld on..

www.trail-gear.com/pro...-2007-2013

or similar. I think GMG said he could weld one on for less than a Benjamin, change the rear diff fluid just in case AND still come out ahead from any bolt-on with better ground clearance.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

Yup, welded on low range off-road. Probably picked up about an 1" total of clearance

Here are some pics
photos.app.goo.gl/i54lxdZh7FKPdI9F2

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Biotech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

calichaos wrote:
I guess GMG got that welded on diff skid squared away for you. I am hoping GMG will be able to fab my missing part for the Boztec skid so I can use mine.

I can sell you that part for $200....

azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

Hhmm strange feeling of dejavu

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

Sorry for being dense, it’s early and my coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

What is the plus side (if any) to the weld on piece??

The Boztec skid was an actual skid, thus allowing you to “slide” the diff over an obstacle. Yes, it hung down but it protected the bottom of the skid and the ever-so-precious drain bung on the diff.

The weld on unit, does not protect anything IMO based on its design. All I see is a goiter attached to the back of the diff...drain bung is out in the open just like every other factory diff.

I guess it would offer some protection if you backed into something.
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

zzmikey wrote:
Yup, welded on low range off-road. ....

Psst the people at Low Range Off-Road sell the TrailGear part, not a unique design.

www.lowrangeoffroad.co...4-kit.html

but I see the Trail Gear part is cheaper on the reseller page, I guess that makes sense because they sell the part at wholesale and allow deeper discounts.

side note.. do I spot the Harbor Freight jack stands in those photos?
www.harborfreight.com/...61197.html
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

I also had a thick ramp piece welded to bottom. The thought process is that that you drag slowly over something but damage occurs when backing off.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

CeeFish wrote:
Sorry for being dense, it’s early and my coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

What is the plus side (if any) to the weld on piece??

The Boztec skid was an actual skid, thus allowing you to “slide” the diff over an obstacle. Yes, it hung down but it protected the bottom of the skid and the ever-so-precious drain bung on the diff.

The weld on unit, does not protect anything IMO based on its design. All I see is a goiter attached to the back of the diff...drain bung is out in the open just like every other factory diff.

I guess it would offer some protection if you backed into something.

That was my initial reaction as well. You are leaving your Bungholio out in the open. Maybe more photos will provide the clues we need to solve this mystery...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

the weak part on these axle housings is the ring gear area. If you back into the ring gear area you are done for. Everyone is so wrapped up in "skid plates" they forget that sometimes extra clearance will allow you to avoid hitting anything at all. Most rock crawlers will get rid of the drain plug altogether for clearance and they use the fill plug as a fill/drain plug. The bottom of these axles is the strong part so why not gain the clearance. Also, anything bolt on is going to move on impact, some more than others.

I spoke to a bunch of the buggy guys, Will at Sierra, etc... The diff on these Toyota Axel's is STOUT. I will pick up about an inch of clearance without the skid. Which will help me avoid more situations.

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable.

Sorry to hijack the thread... Embarassed
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Boztech Diff Skid - $200 for sale Reply with quote

No worries at all, I had all the same exact questions when Joe and I were originally talking about it

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: