Friday, April 27, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 73
Total: 73
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018*
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
*ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018*
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4RunningDaily
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

LETS GO PLACES
Starting off 2018 with a YUGE TOYOTA Meet

Verde River Sheep Bridge
Carefree, AZ
(34.077981, -111.708197)
Saturday January 20th, 2018 @ 9-10AM Start Time

It is time for another massive TOYOTA MEET! Let's gather ALL the Toyota Tacomas, Tundras, 4Runners, FJs, Pickups, and Crawlers we can and Let's Go Places in 2018!:oldglory:

We're bringing back the Poker Run on a much longer trail and also more Vendors, which means more prizes to take home! The vast majority of this Poker Run will be setup for the Cave Creek/7 Springs Route all the way to Sheeps Bridge. We are predicting a rather large turnout so with that said, this time @tubbsisland is working on getting every truck some sort of Vehicle ID sticker to keep track of those in attendance. Prepare yourselves for the most EPIC Arizona Toyota gathering yet!:headbang:

For those that haven't explored this scenic trail yet, it is just that, a scenic 2WD friendly dirt road that winds through the Mountains north of Cave Creek, AZ. This trail does parallel I-17 Northbound and intersects with Bloody Basin Road, which then turns Westbound and drops down into the Verde River. Check out the link above and/or coordinates posted for our exact destination and further info.

Some of us will also be Camping at Sheeps Bridge for this meet afterwards so bring your gear! Per many requests from earlier this year, this location offers plenty of open camping space available for those wanting to stay after the meet. However, we will not be monitoring or organizing this as a big group campout.

**PLEASE READ**
I will be keeping a close eye on this thread and adding your names to the list. The cutoff date for signup is going to be January 15th. I need 100% commitment (no "maybes") before I add you to the list.:thumbsup: As of right now, there will be no cost for this event but be prepared, there may have to be a fee per truck no more than $20 max to cover expenses for the Event BBQ and Swag. Obviously at that point everyone gets something to take home!:cheers:

VENDORS:
SDHQ Offroad
Traeger Grills
Pelfreybilt
ADS Racing Shocks​

More info to come...maybe vendors too Wink

List:
1)
2)

This will be huge. Expect over 100 Toyota trucks, Tacomas, 4Runners, Tundras, and hopefully FJ's.

Here's a link to the main Tacoma World Post: www.tacomaworld.com/th...t-16582896

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

This does sound cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

I likey!

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
Grumpysonne
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

Sounds awesome.
4RunningDaily
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

I hope so. I grew up wheeling with FJ's in SoCal, but have never met any of you folks!

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

4RunningDaily wrote:
I hope so. I grew up wheeling with FJ's in SoCal, but have never met any of you folks!
You will like us

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
8LFGRND
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

Definitely tracking this thread and have the weekend open as of now. Hope to commit soon. Looks neato!

8LFGRND
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

Well as of tracking this over on Tacomaworld it is looking that Tonto Nat'l Forest may have put the kiabosh on the mega-meetup at Sheeps Bridge as of yesterday. I still have never been and would be interested in checking it out at some point.
I am planning on being in the Valley on 1/19 for some work by Joe at GMG fab so hopefully something will come together either with those guys or just a handful of us non-members for that spot or somewhere else in the central flatlands.

8LFGRND
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

Well as of tracking this over on Tacomaworld it is looking that Tonto Nat'l Forest may have put the kiabosh on the mega-meetup at Sheeps Bridge as of yesterday. I still have never been and would be interested in checking it out at some point.
I am planning on being in the Valley on 1/19 for some work by Joe at GMG fab so hopefully something will come together either with those guys or just a handful of us non-members for that spot or somewhere else in the central flatlands.

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

Event has been postponed until further notice.....too many vehicles and not enough facilities for the masses. Tonto NF shut it down.
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: *ARIZONA TOYOTA MEET 2018* Reply with quote

CeeFish wrote:
Event has been postponed until further notice.....too many vehicles and not enough facilities for the masses. Tonto NF shut it down.

Booo! That stinks!

Well I hope they can figure something out for this meet up. Seemed that it was beginning to be something cool.

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: