Tuesday, January 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 146
Total: 146
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Line X or Rhino liner on bumpers and sliders
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Line X or Rhino liner on bumpers and sliders
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Line X or Rhino liner on bumpers and sliders Reply with quote

Has anybody done this? Do you think it turned out ok? I'm thinking of starting with my sliders 1st. Then maybe my ARB bumper. Thanks for any input.

nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Line X or Rhino liner on bumpers and sliders Reply with quote

I did it with my sliders when I first put them on, about 10 years ago. It wasn’t line x, but rubberized undercoating. I think the brand was 3M.

It has kept them in pretty good condition. It keeps them from being sand blasted from driving on dirt. It’s easy to re apply, as needed.
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Line X or Rhino liner on bumpers and sliders Reply with quote

I did some research and am going to get Herculiner from Amazon or Lowes.
It got the highest rating in a couple different tests and the price is not too bad either. I may start with my skid plates 1st for practice before sliders and bumpers.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Line X or Rhino liner on bumpers and sliders Reply with quote

How well you prep is going to be the biggest factor. Get everything REALLY clean, steel wool and some detergent to degrease. With any coating, prep makes it.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
fjlarry
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Line X or Rhino liner on bumpers and sliders Reply with quote

Almost 12 years of dirt and stuff. That's a good point. Wonder how much to bead blast stuff is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: