Monday, October 22, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: gearman24
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2059

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 150
Total: 151
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Jimbolio > Forums

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Classifieds › WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect
Sell all worldly possessions here. Commercial advertising prohibited, read forum rules.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

spaldam wrote:
A tow dolly still requires a rear drive shaft disconnect.
What if you put the FJ on backwards on the dolly???

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

I'm looking at full hook-up sights, not camping sites. They will charge extra for a spot to park a trailer or even a dolly, if they even have an extra spot available.

Besides, I already have everything set up, just need to decide how we are going to deal with the rear drive shaft.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

I would find an old pinion yoke and make a bracket to weld to the frame with this yoke mounted in a spot where you could undo the 4 bolts holding it to the rearend and bolt it back up to this bracket off to the side. It's out of the way, all mounting hardware would be used to attach it to the yoke in the bracket, no messy driveshaft storage, no lost hardware, and no need to buy and install expensive parts.

Last edited by TOY4WD on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

forget! put it in gear and then what happens it tears off your cool mount and so on.

TOY4WD
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

CRAZYJOHN wrote:
forget! put it in gear and then what happens it tears off your cool mount and so on.

Put a bearing on it and make the yoke spin. No ripping off anything. However if you are smart enough to flat tow a vehicle with a bus then you should be smart enough not to rip your drive shaft disconnect mount out.... just a thought.
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

TOY4WD wrote:

..... if you are smart enough to flat tow a vehicle with a bus then you should be smart enough not to rip your drive shaft disconnect mount out.... just a thought.
I don't know about anyone else but there are MANY times I was smart enough to come up with a great solution only to forget the part where I need to undo a thing later. Probably because I was too busy thinking "Damn that was a smart idea."

Yes, I am aware that I may be a bit "speshull" Rolling Eyes

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: Rear Drive shaft dissconnect Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but there are MANY times I was smart enough to come up with a great solution only to forget the part where I need to undo a thing later. Probably because I was too busy thinking "Damn that was a smart idea."

That's exactly what my wife is afraid of.

I like TOY4WD's bearing idea. I'm not a welder though. I'll have to take it to MGM for that.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: