Monday, December 11, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: AzRon
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1993

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 67
Total: 67
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Ask Homedad
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Ask Homedad
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134, 135  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Do they close the Senator Highway up to Crown King from Prescott when it snows? That could be a really exceptional snow drive.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

I was just thinking about heading up the beeline and getting silly too????

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Homedad, Did you write this disclaimer?

WARNING TO DRIVER
This vehicle has been modified to enhance off-road performance and has unique handling characteristics. Because of the higher center of gravity and/or larger tires and wheels, this vehicle may have a higher risk of rollover, and handles and reacts differently than your stock vehicle, both on and off road. Extreme care should be taken to prevent vehicle rollover or loss of control which can result in serious injury or death. Avoid sudden sharp turns or abrupt maneuvers. Slow down. Be sure to get comfortable with your newly modified vehicle. Finally, be sure that you and your passengers use their seatbelts at all times – seatbelts save lives!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
microbe
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Homedad, Did you write this disclaimer?

WARNING TO DRIVER
This vehicle has been modified to enhance off-road performance and has unique handling characteristics....!
Guessing the Homedad disclaimer would have been more along the lines of "You have modified shit. Don't do stupid stuff like flop it, roll it or sink it in water. If you do, please clean up your mess and contact your insurance company as soon as possible."
Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Eric for the win
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Agreed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
robb_in_az
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

BellyDoc wrote:
Do they close the Senator Highway up to Crown King from Prescott when it snows? That could be a really exceptional snow drive.

Yes, they do close it.

and sometimes they dont and people get out to Goodwin or Palace Station and get stuck with not enough gas, or no food or proper clothing, and sketchy cell service. If you want to be on TV or mentioned in the local papers, this is a good way to get on TV or get mentioned in the local papers.

A little snow in CK or Prescott can mean a lot more snow in between, for quite a few days afterwards.

conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

robb_in_az wrote:
BellyDoc wrote:

Yes, they do close it.

and sometimes they dont and people get out to Goodwin or Palace Station and get stuck with not enough gas, or no food or proper clothing, and sketchy cell service. If you want to be on TV or mentioned in the local papers, this is a good way to get on TV or get mentioned in the local papers.

A little snow in CK or Prescott can mean a lot more snow in between, for quite a few days afterwards.

Noted.

KF7YII
Cammo
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

BellyDoc wrote:

Year later update...We ended up doing a bunch of BLM fireroads one day, then the easy road to Crown King from Mayer the next. It was snowy & icy. Stayed at the "haunted" Hassayampa inn in Prescott. Really had a great time. Drove home through Jerome, crazy place to put a city!

We might do the back road to Crown King, spend the night there, then do Senator hwy to Prescott next weekend.

I hate gates. We own this Country, the bureaucrats work for us;
OPEN THE GATES AND LET MY PEOPLE RECREATE!
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Your supposed to ask a question...

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Homedad,
Are you still breathing?

Cammo
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

azflycaster wrote:
Your supposed to ask a question...

Yes I know. Wasn't sure anyone would catch that (snicker). Thought it was cool enough to revive a dead thread.

However, this question is far more relevant...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad
Homedad,
Are you still breathing?

Cammo
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Ok...question...HomeDad, or anyone else reading this, it looks like we are definitely going to run the lake Pleasant to Crown King trail Sunday, 10-15 sometime in the AM. Would anyone would like to accompany us? My name is Scott, my cell number is is 619-four-oh-five-9574.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Scott go to the expeditions and trail runs group and post a run there. Look at the key elements usually posted. This is a great run but a lot of us will be in Sedona this weekend for a cooking competition.

Homedad
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ask Homedad Reply with quote

Hi
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 133 of 135

Jump to: