Wednesday, January 24, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 89
Total: 89
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Anyone good at Body Work
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Anyone good at Body Work
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Anyone good at Body Work Reply with quote

Greetings Folks... Spent the day stripping my FJ of all aftermarket parts to return it to stock. In the process I removed all of the lights I had on it, which I drilled two holes in the roof to use Marine style grommets to run the wires through. I have removed the wires & grommets leaving two holes approximately 3/4" in diameter. I would like to repair/fill these openings.

Anyone here any good at Body work? Anyone willing to give me a hand? To make the repair process easier the FJ has no roof rack at the moment and the headliner has been removed. There is Dynomat on the interior roof which may need to be removed around the area for the roof repair.

Many Thanks in Advance!
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone good at Body Work Reply with quote

Maybe put some new solid grommets in the holes and leave it as a bonus should someone want roof lights?

Would probably look better than a less than perfect patch.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone good at Body Work Reply with quote

Yah, what he said. grinding and welding then grinding some more and finally repainting the roof isn't as simple thing to do.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
RideAndHover
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone good at Body Work Reply with quote

Hmm, I may take note of these tips for future reference. Wink
dGunther
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone good at Body Work Reply with quote

Great tips and seem a better route than comparing to all those processes of body works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: