Tuesday, January 23, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2007

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 149
Total: 149
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › New Stereo and Speaker advice help needed. TIA
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
New Stereo and Speaker advice help needed. TIA
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speedy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: New Stereo and Speaker advice help needed. TIA Reply with quote

Greetings,

I am in the mist of a dynamat installation (inner body and outer door) and it got me thinking of upgrading my speakers. I searched Crutchfield and the blue room but it seems options are all over the range. Maybe some locals can give me advice and any lessons learned from your experience.

Vehicle: 2007 FJ, Base model with the 6 speaker system (No subwoofer and no rear pillar speakers)
Expectation: Plug and play as much as possible and enhance the sound better than stock. I only listen to talk radio and some music here and there but nothing really jamming. Just want clear sound at normal volume.
Considering: Android HU in the near future, No AMP, and leaning to replacing the Fronts and rear pillar spealer location with Infinity Karpa 300W 3.5" and infinity brand 6x9 or 6.5 on the door.
Budget: Don't mind spending up to $500 in speakers. This doesn't include HU or Sub.

1)Rear pillar speakers I see I have wires back there but no speaker brackets. What Speakers can I add there? I was looking at Infinity Karpa 300W 3.5" Will these fit? Do I need to do anthing else other than plug the speaker connectors in?

2)Cieling speakers (Exciters) - What replacement speakers can I put in this location. The hope is to disconnect and re-use them for my CB ( A side project) . I know normally the stock would suffice but since the headliner is off then I might as well upgrade them.

3)Subwoofer - I don't plan to put a sub now but would like to be ready for the future. For my model year, do I just just need to buy the Toyota sub switch to connect to the harness behind the switch panel? Then in the future I can put a small sub to connect to the Sub connecter in the rear?

I am open to all recommendations that is an improvement while not trying to make a competition stereo rig out of the FJ.
itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New Stereo and Speaker advice help needed. TIA Reply with quote

What area of the state are you located. It would be easier for me to just show you what I did and explain it in person.

AZRich
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: New Stereo and Speaker advice help needed. TIA Reply with quote

I just recently installed these Infinity components up front and have been pleased with them so far. The kappas you referenced will be even better, I'm sure.
www.crutchfield.com/p_...tml?tp=106

I don't use the ceiling speakers and like you I don't have any in the rear pillars either and never really saw a benefit to putting any in. I have a 10" sub in a custom box above the rear driver side wheel well. So far, that setup has been plenty good for my ears. I also just finished sound deadening the entire rear, roof, doors and sides. Only thing I didn't do was under the front seats and the firewall. It's made such a big difference, I love it.
GillT
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Stereo and Speaker advice help needed. TIA Reply with quote

I know you did not mention replacing the head unit, but here is a head unit I saw on facebook that is an easy add with many features...

Insane Audio

A highly dangerous virus called "Weekly Overload Recreational Killer" (WORK) is currently going around. If you come in contact with this WORK virus, you should immediately go to the nearest BAR for "Biological Anxiety Relief".
Speedy
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New Stereo and Speaker advice help needed. TIA Reply with quote

Thanks for the inputs. I am in north Glendale but I can drive all over the place.

The HU I was thinking about is the xtrons PB76HGTAP

Thanks again for the inputs
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: