Monday, October 22, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: gearman24
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2059

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 157
Total: 157
Who Is Where:

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Asbestos Point in Sierra Anchas - 3.5
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Asbestos Point in Sierra Anchas - 3.5
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point in Sierra Anchas - 2.5 Reply with quote

Gotta try that oine out! Thanks for sharing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
tanman
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Asbestos Point in Sierra Anchas - 3.5 Reply with quote

Better late than never, I saw a note in this thread suggesting upgrading(or is it downgrading) the trail rating to 3, after my trip on 08/03/2018 I'll go 3.5 just to be safe.

I'd call it a very technical trail overall. I can't imagine running it without at least self spotting many areas taking mucho time.

On another note, the first 1.5 miles of the trail have been redone with a bulldozer returning that portion to a 2.0. Perhaps the Forest Service has returned to a role of preserving and even restoring access to backcountry exploration.

Considering the devastation their "controlled burn" left behind here, the restoration effort is much needed and much appreciated.

When I'm in the area I'll update on any further changes to the trail. I hope others will provide updates from their trips to the area as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: