Sunday, August 20, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 55
Total: 55
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › FJ Summit 2017
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
FJ Summit 2017
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Lightner creek is a good spot. We've stayed there numerous times. Mike is correct about exploring Kennebec Pass. I've been up there a few times and it is amazing and close by.

Good wildlife viewing as well. πŸ¦πŸƒπŸ…πŸ†πŸŠπŸΏπŸ¦‘
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Just go. Cee-fish welcomed me at the Durango Walmart with a windshield business card and stood next to me in line for food for 15 minutes in Ouray without saying a word.

I still owe C-fish a syntethic line for the M-8000.

Go have fun and for those folks who haven't been to Ouray, CO make it happen in 2017..
CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

pack-smart wrote:
....Cee-fish welcomed me at the Durango Walmart with a windshield business card and stood next to me in line for food for 15 minutes in Ouray without saying a word.

I still owe C-fish a syntethic line for the M-8000...

I've never met you that I can recall...That 15 minutes would have been a good time to introduce yourself! Very Happy

Don't know anything about a winch line. Think of it as a 🎁
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

ZZMikey thanks for the heads up. Now I have to figure out where I am going to stay for the Summit....
pack-smart
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Hi C-fish. You met me about 4X. You are always very professional BTW. I did call you at 4WP. You remember me discussing syn line with you? Do you remember me when you explained your badge on a trail run with ORP?' I also talked to you about your rear back-up lights/colored screens. You and your buddy who is a "teacher" afterward were trying to figure out my bent red Bud Built skid plate.

ZZmikey, do you understand now why I stayed away from AZFJ.org for so long? I told you why at the gas station in Florennce. I was in the 08 Silver FJ and my buddy was in a 10 Tan.

Seriously, I will never own ever own a Jeep, but I learned more in 30 years.
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:
ZZMikey thanks for the heads up. Now I have to figure out where I am going to stay for the Summit....

The KOA just north of town wasn't too bad. I hear the Amphitheater CG is ok, but usually fills up. Don't camp near the bathroom. (Trailbus1 recommendation)

Ridgeway State Park is beautiful, but 30 minutes away. A bummer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
1Louder wrote:

The KOA just north of town wasn't too bad. I hear the Amphitheater CG is ok, but usually fills up. Don't camp near the bathroom. (Trailbus1 recommendation)

Ridgeway State Park is beautiful, but 30 minutes away. A bummer.

Last time I stayed at Ridgeway. Long drive and makes drinking in town pretty much impossible. I will check out the KOA and the other one. Do you think the one in town where they are hard to get a hold of is already sold out?

2011 Blue FJ
Mods:
AZFJ Sticker, CB Install, Dash iPad Mount, Dual USB Ports, Expeditioneers Skid Plates, Cooper STT Pro tires, OME Lift Kit, solar, HAM Radios, blah and blah....
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

KOA and Amphitheater are sold out... Poop

I booked in the state park for now. At least that way I have some place to stay until I may be able to figure something better out. Maybe I just need to hire a local kid to drive me back and forth from town!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Waitlist 4j&j

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
airconditionednightmare
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Ouray RV Park & Cabins was really nice last year. And pretty close. www.ourayrvpark.com/
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

That must be a new place, looks like it has availability

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
That must be a new place, looks like it has availability

Not sure where you are seeing availability. I see full for the tent sites.

2011 Blue FJ
Mods:
AZFJ Sticker, CB Install, Dash iPad Mount, Dual USB Ports, Expeditioneers Skid Plates, Cooper STT Pro tires, OME Lift Kit, solar, HAM Radios, blah and blah....
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

The RV pull through had sites when I looked. Aren't you pulling a turtle back?

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
The RV pull through had sites when I looked. Aren't you pulling a turtle back?

Pretty sure it was not available for all of the days and the price was pretty high. I can check again tomorrow.
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I called the RV park today. They were very helpful. I have one spot for 3 nights and for now have to move to a different higher priced spot for the last night. You are allowed to have a 2nd vehicle in a space but not additional tents or trailers.

I won't cancel my other reservation yet down at the state park but for those that can't find closer accommodations it is a nice park and pretty cheap. It's just 30-40 min away.

2011 Blue FJ
Mods:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: