Saturday, November 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: scotty45
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1983

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 60
Total: 60
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › The Purple People Eater
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
The Purple People Eater
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

I finally finished off the first tank full with the new wheels and tires (and half of it with the new sliders).

I calculated 17.5 MPG. That's better then what my 1st TRD SE averaged with the 6MT, but about 2 MPG less then I was averaging on this FJC.

The next tank full should go faster as I'll be driving it more this next week then I did the last two weeks.

P.S. With the bigger tires my speedo is now dead-on with the GPS. This likely accounts for some of the difference in MPG (.5 - 1 MPG), as before it was reading fast; making it appear like I went further then I really did on a single tank.

Update: 2nd tank full was very similar as the first. 17.4 MPG.
Update: 3rd tank full was with a bit more agressive driving, and still go 17.2 MPG.

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Jim, This one's for you:

KD7YKB

Last edited by spaldam on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

To dark underneath to edit. BUT, you have the right idea.

BTW, so far so good on the Denso MAF

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Scheduled maintanance Reply with quote

This last Saturday I finally got the wife and Kids on board to organize the garage (somewhat at least) since it still had boxes all over the place from moving in in January, so I could start setting up my poor excuse for a shop, and get some much needed maintenance done on the FJ:

Oil had gone a little over 10K miles since last change, and the were most likely the original ones with 141K miles on them.

Since I had to pull the intake to get to the sparkplugs anyway, I left the crappy dust magnet AirRaid out, and put in the stock one I got from pazzo_fj:

I also found a bird nesting in the tree in our front yard:

P.S. I forgot to mention I got an ODB II Scanner for Christmas that I can use with my phone or tablet.

KD7YKB

Last edited by spaldam on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

I recently added a '10+ front stock skid to my FJ to replace my broken one until all my extra cash stops going to the house fix-ups (hopefully by the end of the year).

www.azfj.org/index.php...487#204487

Before:

After:

KD7YKB
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Mini-Me Reply with quote

Here's my latest addition to the FJ:

Also wired up a 7 pin plug, and will be working on adding the brake controller tomorrow evening.

I mounted it on top of the stock trailer plug mounting bracket, behind the rear bumper so it won't get smashed when I'm off-road like my tailpipe:

(yeah, I'm going to need to trim that a bit.)

Now I need to find some color matched paint, paint it, clear coat it, and christen it "FJ's Mini-Me"

Next I need to get rid of that heavy, worthless hydraulic brake cylinder and re-weld the pintle hitch down lower, and lift the FJ so it stays level.

KD7YKB
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

I just got done updated the Original Post with all the other little things I've gotten done over the last year, and fixed or removed all my broken links and pictures.

Why haven't I gotten the alarm done yet???

KD7YKB
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

All my links are broken again because I re-did my web-site... I don't have time to fix them now, but you can watch my video on reinforcing the lower link mounts on the frame:

youtu.be/_VVaB9Ka69E

KD7YKB
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

My Front Control arms R&R video:

spaldam.com/fj-cruiser...s-replaced

KD7YKB
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Im a star. ....lol

azfj owners are the best
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The Purple People Eater Reply with quote

Anyone skilled at pulling dents out of a rear door? I just need it to be aligned a little better so the door opens smoothly without catching on the weather stripping, and some my rear window will actually latch.

KD7YKB
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: