Saturday, June 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KICKROCKS
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1942

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 27
Total: 27
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › The next Toyota offroad icon
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
The next Toyota offroad icon
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Toyota hints at a new truck for the offroad market:

www.autoblog.com/2017/...-new-york/

www.cnet.com/roadshow/...nco-rival/

www.motorauthority.com...-auto-show

truckyeah.jalopnik.com...1787933804
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

God, I hope they do right by this vehicle.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

I think they picked a good color

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Oh, automotive press...

"the rugged Y-spoke wheels and meaty 225/55 18-inch Goodyears suggest a proper rough-and-tumble off-roader is afoot."

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

I would guess that's a front tire, but I did notice it's not a coil-over shock. And Jim, get your eyes checked. It's orange.

calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

so since the FJ Cruiser was concept in 2003, and not released until 2007; I guess we have a 4 year wait ahead of us.. and we all know how the concept doesnt exactly translate to production

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Grinder wrote:
I would guess that's a front tire, but I did notice it's not a coil-over shock. And Jim, get your eyes checked. It's orange.

Maybe on the planet you're from the atmosphere alters the colors but that is "SUNFUSION" my friend.

I will concede however, that the original concept was VooDoo blue. Another FINE color. I think my third choice is the Bucketboy Red. I LOVE those TRAILTEAMS red ones. Kind of like a Fire Chief FJ.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Grinder wrote:

Maybe on the planet you're from the atmosphere alters the colors but that is "SUNFUSION" my friend.

I will concede however, that the original concept was VooDoo blue. Another FINE color. I think my third choice is the Bucketboy Red. I LOVE those TRAILTEAMS red ones. Kind of like a Fire Chief FJ.

Definitely orange... "Inferno" if you prefer.

Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

and I do prefer "Inferno"

Although... I did test drive the new Power Wagon...
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Splagg wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
Grinder wrote:

I DO prefer Inferno, but only when it's in a plastic bottle:

But that FJ is as Yeller as a school bus.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

tibaal89 wrote:
Oh, automotive press...

"the rugged Y-spoke wheels and meaty 225/55 18-inch Goodyears suggest a proper rough-and-tumble off-roader is afoot."

Exactly! I can't wait to have the whole "what psi to air down to" discussion with those. Rolling Eyes

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

The ZR2 coming out is gonna have 2 lockers....

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

4GaugeSurprise wrote:
tibaal89 wrote:
Oh, automotive press...

Exactly! I can't wait to have the whole "what psi to air down to" discussion with those. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but changing tires will be a "snap"

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

azflycaster wrote:
The ZR2 coming out is gonna have 2 lockers....
Should be about twice as useful as the locker on the Colorado.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The next Toyota offroad icon Reply with quote

Splagg wrote:
Jimbolio wrote:
Grinder wrote:

This is correct. Not Sunfusion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: