Sunday, July 23, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Donny_b
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1946

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 72
Total: 73
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: blizerd > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › FJ Summit 2017
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
FJ Summit 2017
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Well.. registration is soon upon us. April 1st 10:00 am MST. Just wondering.. who is planning on (trying) to go?

Apparently they want interested parties to create a new account before hand on the FJ summit website. Just FYI.

Well for one, I hope to get a spot.... within the first 30 seconds. Evil or Very Mad

Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I've been in turmoil over this.
Experience of FJ Summit vs. Debt accrual associated with attending FJ Summit.
This would be the first time I would be able to go without children which would definitely change the experience.

I went ahead and created my FJ Summit account yesterday, just in case.

Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

How much (other than sign up costs) could I expect? $500?

Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I figure ...

900 miles RT plus event trails = probably 5 tanks of gas, maybe 6.
4 nights lodging probably at least $800+ (this is high-peak season for Ouray)
If you opt to camp instead that would be a significant savings but I haven't gone that route yet so maybe someone else can weigh in on the campsite cost range.
Registration is $195 plus swag.
Breakfast, Lunch, & Beer x 5 days = more $ (Dinner x3 provided by event if you're brave enough, or = beer, or +$$ in town).
Raffle = $??? (at IX, I didn't win squat on $50; at X, I made out like a bandit on $500)

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

If you can get a spot at 4J&J you can stay a week for about $150. I usually budget $1000, but that's to/from Tucson gas and meals, raffle tickets, etc. Of course I always had someone with me. So you could probably get by for much less.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
debFJVT
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I'll be there again, plus Moab Before (and after) Summit - what a blast!
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I'm thinking of going. Because 11 is 1 Louder so it is my destiny! We will see what happens.
Velociraptor
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I'd love to go again this year but decided to sit this one out due to other existing commitments of my vacation time. I hope all our AZFJ folks who want to go get a slot!

Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I saw one person on the AZFJ Facebook page post that they were confirmed. Anyone else get in? My connection was spotty and I got hit with an obnoxious 8-minute load time when I tried to refresh 2 mins prior to the hour. Ended up on the waitlist, of course. Hopefully I'll get in again - it's worked out the last 2 years.

debFJVT
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Splagg wrote:
I saw one person on the AZFJ Facebook page post that they were confirmed. Anyone else get in? My connection was spotty and I got hit with an obnoxious 8-minute load time when I tried to refresh 2 mins prior to the hour. Ended up on the waitlist, of course. Hopefully I'll get in again - it's worked out the last 2 years.

I'm sure you'll clear the waitlist Very Happy Can you make it to Moab before
Summit? Lots of people just do that and don't go to Summit lol

I got in and am trail leading again Wink
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

debFJVT wrote:

Glad you got in Deb! Are you going to be leading another night run? As long as my waitlist invite comes I might have to just show up for one. Last year the night runs were filled but only 3 out of 10 people showed. I'll probably show up to fill a spot in case that happens again.

Unfortunately I doubt Moab is in the cards again this year. I just can't take the extra time off work. For 2018 I might plan on Moab instead of Summit XII though.

debFJVT
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Splagg wrote:
debFJVT wrote:

Glad you got in Deb! Are you going to be leading another night run? As long as my waitlist invite comes I might have to just show up for one. Last year the night runs were filled but only 3 out of 10 people showed. I'll probably show up to fill a spot in case that happens again.

Unfortunately I doubt Moab is in the cards again this year. I just can't take the extra time off work. For 2018 I might plan on Moab instead of Summit XII though.

I'm leading 3 daytime runs (Black Bear, Poughkeepsie, Imogene) and decided to start my own night run since all were full. Besides they're to the same spot we went last year. I'll be happy to squeeze you in on mine, planning to do a sunset run up to Corkscrew then watch the stars emerge on Hurricane Pass and California Pass ...and home by 11!
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

I am in. Will be leaving on Tuesday (pending vacation approval), staying someone south of Ouray (maybe something around Durango) and then heading into Ouray early Wednesday. I need to find a place to camp though.

- Chris
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

Chris,
Here is where we stayed - beautiful and. CLean campground right on the creek.

www.camplightnercreek.com/

There is so a whole lot of exploring you can do in Kennebunk Pass. I have some tracks and a route if you need it. The pass goes up to a saddle, but there are like 7 offshoots you. An explore to a mill, mine, etc...

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: FJ Summit 2017 Reply with quote

2nd on Mikey's recommendation. Stayed there twice. Good experience both times. Very convenient to downtown Durango. Well stocked Walmart nearby.

Do the river rafting there. It was fun.

www.camplightnercreek.com/

Good ratings on Tripadvisor too.
www.tripadvisor.com/Ho...orado.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: