Saturday, November 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: scotty45
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1983

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 96
Total: 96
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › General Discussion › Facebook has KILLED this forum
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Facebook has KILLED this forum
This forum is for general topics concerning the AZFJ community that do not fit in the other sections. This is not your offtopic rant forum. Please be respectful and keep it clean.
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexGeneral Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Just sayin.
I guess It's time to move on. (NO that doesn't mean Facebook).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Cactusman
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I don't really do facebook... I guess people use that more?

Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I don't think so but I've only been around for a couple years.

That being said, I've spent a decent amount of time digging through old posts for whatever reason (sometimes to find info, sometimes I'm just bored, etc).

If you want to blame something for "killing" this forum, I think it would have to be the disappearance of so many of its active users.

Yes, there are things that show up on the AZFJ Facebook group that don't make it on here. But those things aren't the majority. Except maybe pictures, because posting here requires either uploading pictures to this site or somewhere else on the web and then sharing/linking them here. Facebook is simply an easier, more user friendly system to share photos.

This board is such an incredible wealth of knowledge, information, and individual wisdom... Facebook doesn't even come close.

CeeFish
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

Social media has dramatically changed the world we live in.

Accept it and adapt, or don't. Your choice as an individual.

I (and I'm sure many others) visit this forum everyday...I don't post as often as I've found other means to communicate with my target audience.

I'd wager that 90% of this forums active members are on social media BTW.
nimrag
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I'll stick with azfj.org over Facebook
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I agree.....
I do this site and jen does facebook side of things, she is way busier than me too say the least

azfj owners are the best
tibaal89
Trail to Destruction
Trail to Destruction

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

The vehicle this forum is centered on went from brand new and exciting to no longer produced in the decade we've been around. It's natural that things aren't as bustling anymore.

If people want to use Facebook that's good, the point should be to keep the community alive not a website. As long as enough people still give a crap though I'll keep this online.

check out my BLOG

Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Photo Gallery
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

nimrag wrote:
I'll stick with azfj.org over Facebook

X2

TLCA# 18990
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I didn't realize this forum was dead! Sad

But I did notice I don't see ceefish posting much anymore. I just figured he had become a flagstaff snob. Or hippie!

😂🤡
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I dropped Facebook a couple years ago. So, I miss out on most things. But yeah, this site is dying a slow death. It seems the runs here are few and far between, the get togethers are amongst small cliques of people. It happens.
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

tibaal89 wrote:
the point should be to keep the community alive not a website. As long as enough people still give a crap though I'll keep this online.

Amen and thank you!

BellyDoc
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I find facebook annoying.

I like having conversations separated into threads. Even when they wander, they're still more interesting to me than a single melting pot of chatter.

I don't need my updates in real time. I have a lot of other things to do. That said, I still check on this forum multiple times a day.

You guys crack me up!! It's all worth it even if there's no new posts for a while.

Is jb weld really as strong as if I just welded them on with my welder?

glideraz wrote:
Could be stronger it all depends on how you weld
FatRat
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

This forum is going to be what YOU make of it. It sounds like there are several that prefer this forum, so make it worth it. There is no reason this place can't still offer good conversations and help again like it did in the past.

I personally have never considered this forum media, more a family. If people prefer the media side then good luck to them. I will stick with the family.
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

I refuse to do Facebook! But I'm thinking about getting a boob job do you think it will help my social life????

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook has KILLED this forum Reply with quote

azflycaster wrote:
I refuse to do Facebook! But I'm thinking about getting a boob job do you think it will help my social life????

Start a go fund me, I'd throw $5 bucks at that cause

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: