Saturday, June 24, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: KICKROCKS
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1942

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 25
Total: 25
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › Jimbolio's "Precious"
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Jimbolio's "Precious"
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Sweet.
May want to look into some nice new heavy duty engine splash guards to finish up the wheel well. I just got a set from www.radrubberdesign.com and these are really a vast improvement over the stock ones that crumble away.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

I made my own out of 1/8 plastic mud flap for semi truck

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

CRAZYJOHN wrote:
I made my own out of 1/8 plastic mud flap for semi truck
I didn't have any semi mudflaps laying around, and several of the push clips were broken too so the pre-cut replacement with all the clips wasn't a bad deal.
If I could find a way to make FJ parts out of laptop RAM or old hard drives, I got that. Smile

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Splagg
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Speaking of Engine Splash guards and things that I won at the Summit shortly after purchasing and installing them on my own, I have an extra set of RAD engine splash guards. $20 if you want em.

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

CLAIMED!!!!

BTW,
First weekend using my Total Chaos UCA's.
My FJ used to wander, and was very fatiguing to drive long distances as you constantly had to correct.

With my new Total Chaos UCA's, I'm able to take my hands off the wheel for 30+ seconds and it tracks straight as an arrow. (Tested on an up and back to Phoenix 250 miles this weekend oh so nice)

Can't wait to test on the trail.
Worth it...
Ih8MUD wrote:

The advantage of using the Total Chaos upper control arms has two major benefits. First is allows your factory alignment to back to stock for larger lifted applications, the stock uca doesn't have enough misalignment. Secondly it will let you have additional down travel because of the unibearing design.
forum.ih8mud.com/threa...it.450570/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

You will also see they some how soften rocks and potholes on the steering column too!

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

azflycaster wrote:
You will also see they some how soften rocks and potholes on the steering column too!
Totes.
Rolling Eyes

spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

Nice! Looks good!

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimbolio's "Precious" Reply with quote

BLEW ROOM B4 and AFTER thread
www.expeditionportal.c...ved/page16

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: