Sunday, April 30, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 47
Total: 47
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Wheeling Adventures in December!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Wheeling Adventures in December!
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

I usually take the 10 days off from Xmas to New Years and try to pack in as many wheeling trips as possible.

trying to gauge interest or settle on dates for a few of them, so feel free to weigh in and then I will set up a bunch of misc runs once I get some feedback.

I am looking to do at least 3 of the dates below, if not 4 and get in an absurd amount of wheeling over the holidays Smile

DATES TO WHEEL
Feel free to comment if particular days are better than others:

12/21 -23 (I know these probably aren't likely as most people wont have off)
12/26 - most likely Hackberry
12/27
12/28
12/29
12/30
12/31
1/1 - Annual New Years Day Run for Pie!

POTENTIAL TRAILS TO WHEEL?

Boulder Creek to Tip Top Mine
azfj.org/index.php?nam...pic&t=9470
Fun and interesting trail. Good trail for beginners to hone skills on (4low, hill climb, boulder crawl), interesting enough for the veterans. Havent done this trail since the rains, so this could be VERY interesting Smile

Box Canyon to Woopdpecker and Ajax Mine
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11534
Box Canyon is a signature trail, good trail for beginners. Woodpecker and Ajax are a bit more challenging and great to test out your new skids or lift on Smile

Walnut Canyon
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11532
Beautiful and scenic trail. A bit more leisurely, but will still use 4Low at times, some fun washes to explore.

5th Annual "Back Way to Pie"
azfj.org/index.php?nam...ic&t=11535
One of my favorites! Back way to Black Canyon City via Top of the World, end up at Rock Springs Café for Pie!
Who knows what the condition of the trail is since the rains...

Hackberry (Sonoran Steve Trail Leader? Shocked )
azfj.org/index.php?nam...=hackberry
An expert level trail, several challenges and LOTS of fun.

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

What about ELVIS?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

In

azfj owners are the best
glideraz
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
What about ELVIS?
Tomorrow

azfj owners are the best
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

YIKES! can't be ready that soon. Gotta shop.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

crap, I'm going to miss most, if not all of these this year. I'm on-call 19th-25th, then heading out of town late on the 26th.
outside chance of being able to do a thing on the 26th, something to get me ready for 15+ hours on a stupid plane.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

Mark if you didn't out source all your chit to India, you wouldn't have to be on a plane for 15 hours.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Mark if you didn't out source all your chit to India, you wouldn't have to be on a plane for 15 hours.
India has become too political. Going to Macedonia to find new resources. Should be able to stop in Bratislava on the way home, should be able to buy quite a bit there.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Shooter
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

We can go any of the dates except the 27th. Looking forward to wheeling with you as much as possible. Just need to set up the dog sitter.
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

Shooter,
are you ready for Woodpecker yet? Smile

We will see what day Glider can go and set that one up too

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
JustinD
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

I need to get an alignment and get in on some of this.....Woodpecker and Elvis are both awesome...and I've always wanted to do Hackberry.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

I'll keep my eye out for Box Canyon.
Missed it last time round,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

The 21st or 23rd are the only possibilities I have, but even at that I'm not sure if either will work. Just too much going on this month.

spaldam.com/#amazon

- spaldam.com
KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

Hope to make something, will let you know!
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheeling Adventures in December! Reply with quote

I'd like to get a Jackson Cabin campout in before the end of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: