Thursday, June 29, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Mrjoel326
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1943

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 30
Total: 31
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Velociraptor > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you!
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you!
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Or maybe just make the switch
joreteg.com/blog/why-i...to-android

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
Or maybe just make the switch
joreteg.com/blog/why-i...to-android

To put it mildly there is no f'ing way I am switching to Android. While it is one user, I have been going back and forth with someone for 2 days that is whining about the Gaia interface in Android. Well, guess what a lot of the limitations on said UI are because of Android. iOS does a much better job in keeping common UI (User Interface) items across different applications. Android is a near free for all and novice users get confused.

In this instance Zip files don't work all that great in Android either.

I'll get off my soap box but I have had tried to be really helpful with this guy and all he did was whine about stuff beyond my control even though EVERY time I fired up my Android device I use for testing and told him how to do things.

I you like Android great. Some people love Jeeps.... Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

I love Jeeps!
And Androids
And boobs
and Beer
and puppies
and Fireball
and I really really really like Tater Tots. In fact, I et up a mess of 'em from sonic last night. NomNom!

As for me and Android and Gaia? Except that one time my .gpx wouldn't load into basecamp, but other than that, 10 quadrillion other times, it worked great
Except for the huge power drain on my tablet, but other than that
and the one time I couldn't find the record button because the little bar fell into the bottom,
but mostly....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
KevinK
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

Just subbing to this thread for the potential future gpx and map sources.

iOS
Never used Pro
Been using Gaia for 7 or 8 years
I don't usually seek out gpx for palces I haven't been, but rather make a rough route within the app by looking at maps and drawing out my planned path or key spots to hit.

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How many of you use GAIA? Free stuff for you! Reply with quote

KevinK wrote:
Just subbing to this thread for the potential future gpx and map sources.

iOS
Never used Pro
Been using Gaia for 7 or 8 years
I don't usually seek out gpx for palces I haven't been, but rather make a rough route within the app by looking at maps and drawing out my planned path or key spots to hit.

Auto routing works reason well now. I'm on the beta team so if anyone sees any bug(s) they can easily duplicate let me know. I just test, no programming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: