Sunday, May 28, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LifestyleOverland
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1932

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 43
Total: 43
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Apollo Communications
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Apollo Communications
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EIFj08
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Does anyone know the status of this business, phone seems to be cut off. Finally got some $$ and wanted to have cb installed.

Anywhere else in PHX that does cb installs on FJ's, I got everything but the cable and time/knowhow. THX

zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

They are closed. Not closed, today. but closed for business.

I was there last week and the building is empty and there is a sign on the window Sad

DerbyFJ (Austin) helped me with some CB stuff, his company is into two way radios and can help.

PM him for info

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
MAMBA
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

So where can I take my truck, in the West Valley preferably, to get a CB installed?

K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

That's sad news...
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Dont know about the west side.

DerbyFJ (Austin) helped me out as their company does 2-way communication. They are located on Broadway and 36th-ish

I think they can do installs and repairs. PM him

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Anyone have a solid shop now to do installs? Have a friend that wants a CB installed in his new truck, I don't have the time to do it anytime soon but I don't know where to send him.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

What setup does he have. He can probably do it himself for the most part. I figured it out at 16.

4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

ProjectTitus wrote:
What setup does he have. He can probably do it himself for the most part. I figured it out at 16.
he doesn't have anything yet, but he would rather pay someone to do it properly than waste the time figuring it out. Sometimes time saved is worth the expense. Same reason I'm not doing it for him, we have better things to do with the little time we have away from work.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
FJFEVER
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

There is a small cb shop in a truck stop i10 and 59th ave I believe

195,162 FINAL MILES. DOA AFTER ROLLOVER.
NEXT CHAPTER...220,000 miles
1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Dumb thought but could a car audio installation place do this? While they might not know how to tune a antenna I think the rest of it would be familiar to them.

Just a thought. Also, since I have such a low regard for CB vs Ham I think it is best to go with a good mag mount antenna and call it a day. I leave mine on less the antenna when not in use. This greatly simplifies any installation.

2011 Blue FJ
Mods:
AZFJ Sticker, CB Install, Dash iPad Mount, Dual USB Ports, Expeditioneers Skid Plates, Cooper STT Pro tires, OME Lift Kit, solar, HAM Radios, blah and blah....
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

1Louder wrote:
Dumb thought but could a car audio installation place do this? While they might not know how to tune a antenna I think the rest of it would be familiar to them.

Just a thought. Also, since I have such a low regard for CB vs Ham I think it is best to go with a good mag mount antenna and call it a day. I leave mine on less the antenna when not in use. This greatly simplifies any installation.

Good points. Also helps if you want to use an automatic car wash Smile.

Now that Thatguy joined our non-club, I've suggested he also try offering beer in return for some help figuring it out. Wink

Mick
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

When I found that Apollo was closed I contacted the eletronics auto Tech at Best Buy in Surprise work on my CB. He installed an exterior speaker above the rearview mirror, ran the wires and did the terminations on a PA speaker in my Demello bumper and ran down a short to my antenna in the the wire race in my quarter panel. I purchased the speakers on my own from Amazon. They didn't care. They charged $150. He did a very clean job. I was impressed. His name was Ryan. Direct number is 623-556-5800.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: