Sunday, April 30, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 39
Total: 39
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LimitedEdition
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

Anyone been out to The Desert Bar outside of Parker?

Found this article today, the bar opens Oct 1.

I want to head out there and want to hit some trails in the area. Anyone know of anything en route to The Desert Bar or around it?

MrVTX
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

I'd like to visit that place as well. The ghost town of Swansea is not far from there and is also on my list. Scenic run more than serious wheeling.
AZCruiser
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

We'd be up for it! I've been wanting to go since we first learned about it last year. Any dates in mind? My schedule is going to get tighter as the holiday season approaches but hope to join.
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

I think Patti and I would be up for that. I am in Moab Oct 16-21 and Nov gone for two weeks to Baja, but anytime around those, Id like to go.
B1ackSh33p
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

Looked up some trails and happenings around Parker. The Parker 4 wheelers have an event called Desert Splash from November 11-13, that is trail runs from easy to hard. Sounds pretty cool. I'd be interested in going to check out that area. Always wanted to attend Hammers out there.
I would be interested in a trip out there, plus there's a bar out there. What's not to like?!?

Helluva ride to the Dark Side!
duner
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

Check out page 200 of the second edition Arizona Backroads & 4 Wheel Drive Trails, the backway is listed. www.thedesertbar.com for more info. Chuck we may be going over Thanksgiving, let me know!
zzmikey
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

Potentially interested, depending on dates and plan

"New England Patriots - 2017 Superbowl Champs!"
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

Planning a Thanksgiving weekend campout at Lake Havasu, then running trails around parker, including the bar. Interested?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Rastarider
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

Same here.

ssc45
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

I have been to the desert bar a few times. It is definitely worth the trip. I usually go in the front way. I have taken the back road, but not to the bar. Swansea is an easy scenic ride and worth the time. There are some fun trails south of Havasu, before Parker as well. I was thinking of going by this coming Sunday, unless my activities manager has other plans. Laughing

Cheers, Steve

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

There's a group staying at the Cattail Cove CG.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Firehead
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

I would love to do this. I'm off Saturday, Sunday, and Monday after Yhanksgiving. How would I find the group?

Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Desert Bar (Nellie E Saloon) in Parker, AZ Reply with quote

We're on Groupme. PM me your Email and I'll send you an Invite. Cattail Cove is sold out unfortunately. But there are other places to stay around Havasu.

I was WRONG space 39 is OPEN for Friday and Saturday nights!!!!

3 spots open for Saturday night. (One of which is space 39)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: