Saturday, November 18, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: scotty45
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1983

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 70
Total: 70
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings › Shooting, not just for carnivores
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Shooting, not just for carnivores
Want to plan an event? Trail run, expedition, or just a friendly get together? Have a question about a specific trail not listed in our review section? General trip reports can also go here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexExpeditions, trail runs, or gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

Well... It seems it is a good time to do some organized shooting. How does a good, old fashioned AZFJ shoot sound? We pick a Saturday or Sunday, meet somewhere like north of PHX and see who the real carnivores are.

I am thinking of AUG 27. But am open to times in Sept.

Can we BBQ? Sure, Why not!
Can we do some Wheeling? You bet!
Can we deduct health Insurance Premiums on Schedule A if it is over 10% of Adjusted Gross income? Heck Yeah!

Where: North of PHX at the place we did it last time off of the Pioneer road. I will check the access to the location.

When. Ok, making the date Sept 18 at 9 am

What. Shooting, then Table Mesa to Rock Springs. Then Pie. Then the formal Jello Wrestling Competition.

So, who wants to go assassinate targets? Say Hello to My Little Friend!

Also, anyone in Prescott on Sunday Mornings at 9 AM, we set up a group of Sporting Clays Shooters. Come on up, bring a shotgun and bust some clays. It is open to the public.

Last edited by Dravur on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
itsafjthing
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

That actually sounds good to me. I was chatting with another fellow azfj'er non member about target shooting. I usually just go out by Sycamore if it's not too packed and shoot some targets. So this type of thing sounds good to me.

Grinder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

I've actually got a few new ones that I need to test out before selling for my grandmother. That could be fun.

noxious1
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

This would be fun!!!

I would be in but I'm out of town that weekend (and the following 2 also)

Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

Anyone new to shooting is also welcome. Come to the meet and there will be guns and ammo that you can try. If you want to try a specific gun, chances are, there is someone who has it.
BucketBoy
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

I do A LOT of clay shooting. Trap, sporting clays, 5 stand, bunker trap, doubles trap, international skeet, and I took state champ in my devision last season for American Skeet. I'll have to check the schedule but I'm always in for some good old fun with guns. Also purchased a new rifle in April and still haven't shit it so a good break in would be nice.

Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

well, you are welcome to come down to PV and shoot clays with us. We do Trap and sporting clays mostly. Every Sunday at 9 am.
Maltajo
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

Would love to join you for this but it would have to be mid October or after.
I can always catch the next one.
I'm sure this wont be the last one!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Dravur
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Shooting, not just for carnivores Reply with quote

Ok, new info for the Shoot, Sunday, Sept 18, north of Phoenix at the last site. I am taking a few peeps shooting, so anyone who wants to come, please do.

Bring guns, ammo, 4 wheel drive vehicle and eyes and ears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Expeditions, trail runs, or gatherings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: