Sunday, August 20, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: RideAndHover
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1960

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 75
Total: 75
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › 4x4 Tech › Compressor Upgrade
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Compressor Upgrade
Howtos, reviews, and gear questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyo22r
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Compressor Upgrade Reply with quote

So my faithful little red MV50 compressor that is very popular in the off-road world, finally died. After 6 years of some pretty hard use, the lower connecting rod bearing assembly self-destructed. I thought about replacing it with a CO2 setup, but i really hate the idea of having to refill the bottle. I would rather have unlimited air on demand.

There are many compressor options available but i decided to piece it together myself and save some $$. Complete setup was less than $175, far cheaper than off the shelf compressors (Viair etc) with similar specs.

First off i wanted 100% duty cycle. That is such that the compressor can run non-stop without having to stop and cool down. The compressor itself i sourced locally from a shop in Mesa that does air suspensions. The rest of the hardware i had laying around. The quick connect fitting for the schrader valve i had to order. The black plastic cover on the back of the motor which houses a relay and switch, i took off the old MV50 compressor as well as the carrying handle. They bolted up nicely. The "feet" brackets i fabricated.

The compressor runs pretty quiet, much more so than the old unit. Airs up 285 tires from 20 to 40 psi in slightly over 2mins. Not bad!

Setup

TLCA# 18990
spaldam
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Compressor Upgrade Reply with quote

Nicely done!

KD7YKB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Photo Gallery
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Compressor Upgrade Reply with quote

a direct product link:
airmaxxx.com/product-c...mpressors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: