Tuesday, October 17, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: DesertXplorer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1978

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 78
Total: 78
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Technical Discussion › Member Buildups › Chevy Luv Machine trailer build
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Chevy Luv Machine trailer build
Please share with the community what you've done to your truck and anything else you've learned getting there.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

So I've had this thing for about a year, came with a really old RTT (which is up for grabs and needs some help) and I just haven't had time to work on it. Finally got into gear last weekend while TrAiLbUsTy1 was out of town. I still need to weld the breather which is on the bottom of the diff since who ever did the leaf over was lazy. Then I'll have to tap a new breather on top of diff. Need matching Duratracs and 16" steelies..also must chop off hitch receiver and install the Max Coupler

Before

After

Trailer bed was a rust bucket ...paint still wet in picture I went with a matte finish

Even painted the chassis

RTT I got installed...might need to upgrade due to size with our dogs...haven't tested yet so we shall see. I'll post up here if I end up selling it to upgrade

interior

Hope all is well with you guys, sorry I'm never around..seems impossible to get away from town.

ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

Looks good Jake. It's good that you are busy, but too bad we never see ya. If you need anything, you got my number!

TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

Busy with life more than work unfortunately ...here comes the slow season. No idea why people need to fix their house in the middle of 200 degree weather..then as soon as it's nice they hibernate. arrgg Dude do you have any AZFJ patches left?

ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

I have some on order. I have two left that were spoken for, but there has not been any further communication, I will let you know.
PM on it's way.

CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

HEY Jake ,whats new?? good looking trailer ,after repairing vent make sure diff has gear oil! just sayin!! That would suck if it locked up on the trail!!

TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

Yeah rodger that lol, might be looking at an ironman RTT. I'll keep yall posted

mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

ratfink wrote:
I have some on order. I have two left that were spoken for, but there has not been any further communication, I will let you know.
PM on it's way.
Dennis...am I the one those are for? I had posted I wanted two...but I was under the impression you had already sold all of your first batch.
If they were for me...maybe Jake and I could split this pair and get more on the next order?
mod_muscle
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

Oh...jake, the trailer looks good. I see you decided to go with the max coupler.

And I like the blue tent!
ratfink
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

mod_muscle wrote:
ratfink wrote:
PM on it's way.
Dennis...am I the one those are for? I had posted I wanted two...but I was under the impression you had already sold all of your first batch.
If they were for me...maybe Jake and I could split this pair and get more on the next order?

Sorry, they were for someone else. I have a new batch on order. I can't believe how fast they went.
Soon I hope.

TrAiLbUs1
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

Sold the ayer Tepui tent..getting the CVT raineer big dog 72" x 8 feet.

Got matching rims (need to paint flat black) and treadwright guard dog 315/75/16's

A little fender chopping is necessary

They sent on Nitto side walls

This weekend I hope to chop the old trailer hitch off and install the Max COupler I just got. Going to look into extending the bed width wise and creating a new rack that with a pull of a pin hydrolics will raise up the RTT so we have full use of the Annex down below.

About to order solar, water heater, water reservoir. Then make a pull out kitchen set up and a bunch more. Need to get this done before the summit.

Toying with the idea of changing the zebra into tiger stripes with sun fusion...but before I do that. Photoshop time .

CruiserJohnny
Mall Queen
Mall Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

Nice work on this. by the way, any feedback on the Nitto grapplers? planning to buy new tires. I got that on my choices.
calichaos
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Chevy Luv Machine trailer build Reply with quote

CruiserJohnny wrote:
Nice work on this. by the way, any feedback on the Nitto grapplers? planning to buy new tires. I got that on my choices.

ahh reading comprehension...

TrAiLbUs1 wrote:
..."and treadwright guard dog 315/75/16's
TrAiLbUs1 wrote:
......They sent on Nitto side walls

www.treadwright.com/in...75R16.00-E
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Member Buildups All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: