Sunday, May 28, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: LifestyleOverland
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1932

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 51
Total: 51
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Vendor/dealership Reviews › Apollo Communications
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Apollo Communications
Review all local vendors here. One thread per vendor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexVendor/dealership Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZRebel
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Apollo Communications
(623) 939-2240
4322 W Northern Ave, Glendale, AZ

I can not say enough nice things about this place. I went there today to shop for a CB radio / antenna / etc. I had no clue what I was looking for. Luckily for me, they had a "FJ package".

They were able to get it installed today. Im a big clutz and am afraid of destroying little plastic pieces that hold the interior together. When I picked it up, they took the time to go over everything with me. They did a very clean install. They even worked around the mess I made in the vehicle, you couldn't tell that someone had removed the interior. Everything was as I left it. To my surprise, they chatted with me over CB on my way back to the freeway.

It has been a long time since I received quality / personal customer service like this. I guess I've gotten too used to the minimum wage / teenager / dont give damn employees at most retail places.
gotmud
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Pictures of your install or it didn't happen!
AZRebel
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

lemme go get ya pictures, then re-read the how to post pictures post LOL
AZRebel
AZ Pinstriped
AZ Pinstriped

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Sorry bout the orientation.. Time to get your neck exercise in.

gotmud
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

I called Apollo on Friday to get a quote on fixing my Uniden radio. Not only did they have the parts in stock, they were pretty cheap. Now I just have to find a reason to drive all the way out there (50 miles one-way!)
Tonytigerhegreat
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Im heading over there today.. Did they carry the Mount for the Back door hinge??
Finn
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Tonytigerhegreat wrote:
Im heading over there today.. Did they carry the Mount for the Back door hinge??

They have the firestick mount which requires drilling. I would go with the BOZTEC that is a direct bolt on. NO drilling required.

1Louder
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Here is my install from Apollo Communications. I had a Uniden 520XL with just portable power via cigarette lighter socket. I decided to let them install it. They put a nice quick disconnect on the power plug for easy to removal. I also got the quick disconnect for my antenna because my garage height is just way too low.

- Firestick Mount
- 48" Wilson Antenna with quick disconnect.

They did a nice clean install.

I should have removed the velcro before taking the pictures. Oh well. I spent a little more than I wanted to but I am very happy with the install. Bottom line, they did a better job than I could do!

If you want higher resolution pics go here:
flic.kr/s/aHsjEro9Jv

Last edited by 1Louder on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
dozier77
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Looks good. Mind telling me what they charged for the antenna and install? Can PM if you like. I'm thinking of going that route instead of my magnet mount.

By the way, how did you get an FJ with no dirt in it? Very Happy
sicc_soul916
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Thumbs up here. Bought a magnet mount Wilson antenna 2 weeks ago. Well it broke off its base while on a trail this past weekend. Apollo has a no refund policy but do exchanges. They replaced it with a new one, no questions asked.

K9OL
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Apollo Communications Reply with quote

Another Two Thumbs Up for Randy & his staff at Apollo Communications... I went over today to get my CB Mounted, Antenna on the back, Quick Disconnect & everything tuned. Definitely a Professional Installation. Very Happy with the outcome. Money Well Spent!

As mentioned by another non-member Randy also chatted with me as I was headed out to verify all was great & to show the greater range I could get with a Tuned System.

Now I should be able to communicate with others while participating in the Non-Member Group Runs. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Vendor/dealership Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: