Sunday, April 30, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Viperchick76
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1919

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 75
Total: 76
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: Jimbolio > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › El OSo Rd (near phoenix/four peaks) - 1.5
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
El OSo Rd (near phoenix/four peaks) - 1.5
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: El OSo Rd (near phoenix/four peaks) - 1.5 Reply with quote

So took El Oso west of the "main" road (just north of Pigeon Springs road). Went down to Big Pine spring then headed west again, past the El Oso Mine with the intention of making the loop back to the Mazatal Divide trail. Not too far past the old mine, the road got fun. A litter further it got nasty, then, making the climb back up just before Mazatal Trail - I had to back out then turn around. The road was REALLY washed out. I probably could have made it through but tire placement needed to be perfect or I would have dropped 3+ feet into the V, that was past my solo wheeling comfort level. So, who's up to run this through? Laughing

It got a lot deeper and a bit wider with a few rock walls after this.

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **

Last edited by 4GaugeSurprise on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
conejo
Baja Champ
Baja Champ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: El OSo Rd (near phoenix/four peaks) - 1.5 Reply with quote

Damn, should have gone with you today. I wound up sleeping till 10, then went hiking at SoMo later in the afternoon.

KF7YII
4GaugeSurprise
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: El OSo Rd (near phoenix/four peaks) - 1.5 Reply with quote

conejo wrote:
Damn, should have gone with you today. I wound up sleeping till 10, then went hiking at SoMo later in the afternoon.
Yup. Had awsome breakfast @ Butters at 9 then decided to do the 4Peaks side since we were solo. Actually, we were at the source of Sycamore Creek at the old El Oso mine. I need to go back with backup and try to complete the loop, you free this friday?

** WARNING ** Many things I recommend are dangerous and probably foolish - but will probably work. **
azflycaster
Obstacle Crusher
Obstacle Crusher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: El OSo Rd (near phoenix/four peaks) - 1.5 Reply with quote

So is this your trail warning report? Laughing dang can't go friday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: