Saturday, April 21, 2018

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Membership:
Latest: charlezevanildo
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 2008

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 109
Total: 109
Who Is Where:

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Arizona FJ Discussion › Land Use › Redington Pass Survey (Please Take)
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Redington Pass Survey (Please Take)
Meetings, access issues, cleanups, news, land use info.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Redington Pass Survey (Please Take) Reply with quote

Redington Pass User Survey <CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY>

Friends of Redington Pass (FRP) is conducting a community survey to learn more about how people use and enjoy the Pass. We are reaching out to a wide range of people who have visited the Pass to learn more about their experiences. The collective survey responses will help inform the Collaborative Area Management Plan (CAMP) process that FRP is working on to provide recommendations to the Coronado National Forest on managing the Pass in the future. The survey results will be available here on our website and at upcoming community meetings.

Your responses to this short survey will be anonymous. You can only complete the online survey once. We ask that you try to answer all of the questions where possible. If you have already provided us with information about your activities in Redington Pass at previous meetings, then you do not need to fill the survey out again online.

Thank you in advance for completing this survey. We encourage you to forward this survey page to others. More information on Friends of Redington Pass and the CAMP process is available on this website.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
CRAZYJOHN
Trail Runner
Trail Runner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Redington Pass Survey (Please Take) Reply with quote

I took it and didn't have to study

AZstateParksOHV
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Redington Pass Survey (Please Take) Reply with quote

done Smile
If you visit often, be sure to indicate that. I can tell you that Chiva Falls and Chimney Rock are top OHV destinations based upon the public meeting I went to. Be sure to pick other favorites since they are only asking for 3.

Remember to make meaningful comments in the last question about what would improve your experience on the pass.

I said something like "increased # of OHV and 4x4 trails"

Perhaps you might be interested in:
"increased number of technical vehicle trails for difficult rock crawling"
"creating new OHV trails that use the natural terrain features of the pass to create technical driving/riding opportunities"
"increased access to back country camping locations using technical vehicle trails"

The key to surveys like this is to make meaningful, actionable comments. Stuff like "open up all the trails you closed" or "I want to ride wherever I want" don't do us much good.

MOST IMPORTANT
Take a screen shot of your survey entry or otherwise accurately record your entry. You can then look at their survey results when they provide their report to the Forest Service. If your typed comments are not included, you should tell the forest service and me. Typically, we (the OHV community) forget this important review. I expect that FRP will be accurate in their work, but I always verify Smile
Jimbolio
Master Wheeler
Master Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Redington Pass Survey (Please Take) Reply with quote

I said fix the trail signs and complete the shooting area. They are really doing some heavy cleaning of the old sites. It would be a shame for them to re-open just to get trashed again. But if there is an organized range, maybe SOME folks will use it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Land Use All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: