Sunday, October 22, 2017

We're not a club... so you're not a member!
Toggle Content   User Info

Welcome Anonymous

(Register)

Membership:
Latest: DesertXplorer
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1979

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 69
Total: 70
Who Is Where:
 Members:
01: TOY4WD > Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content   AZFJ Forums

Forums › Reviews › Arizona Trail Reviews › Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0
 SearchSearch   Members ListMembers   ChatChat 
Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0
Arizona Trail Reviews only, one thread per trail please!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum IndexArizona Trail Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMURFYA
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Jimbolio wrote:
SMURFYA wrote:
My cabin is on senator highway in a little valley called pineflat I've been doing the crown king run all my life mostly on atvs. There's a lot of cool stuff up there besides CK lots of old mineing equipment and a couple caves not to far from my cabin. I'm hoping to do the back way to crown king this weekend and stay the night at my cabin.

Is there room for Camping up there Smurfya?

Ya there's a couple nice spots about 25 min into senator highway right next to a nice creek I hardly see anyone there so you wouldn't have to worry about other campers there are couple more spots down road another one by wolf creek a lot of panners go there during spring trying to find gold.

blatant
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0 Reply with quote

The step is the worst part of the whole trail and it really isn't bad if you use some common sense. A legit 4x would help as well. After the step, heading towards prescott is smooth sailing and after the step, heading towards crown king, is smooth sailing.

However you doing this in late Jan / Feb, alone isn't the most prudent move. You can get, as you mentioned, lots of ice, not to mention lots of "creeks" crossing the road, running fast and no clue on depth, ice, mud or what's under the water. Palace station can often times be interesting once passed toward prescott. Palace towards ck lots of up hill.

It is a great ride and should be done by all and would be a great ride when people come to visit.

When I head to Lynx I go that way, there is alot of very cool things to see. Dropping into "the valley" is always a fun side excursion as well.
desertchameleon
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0 Reply with quote

blatant wrote:
However you doing this in late Jan / Feb, alone isn't the most prudent move.

Agreed! The webcams from the surrounding area (Mt Union, etc) do not represent if there will be snow or ice on the trails.
SMURFYA
Dusty Truck
Dusty Truck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Ya palace station is a fun run I always do that on the atv when I'm up there. There's a really cool cememtery from the late 1800 to early 1900 from when the stage coach use to run thru there. You gotta walk about 40 yards from the ranger cabin to find it. I was just up there early january after a really good snow fall ill have to throw up some pics when I get home today.The snow melt should be pretty good right now so if anyones going up I hope you like mud and ice early morning.

NEMISI5
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0 Reply with quote

Well I'd downgrade this trail to a 1.5.....just ran it the other day, and while it's scenic, that's it. The step has been plowed over and is a dirt road now. This would be a hairy trail if it were raining, but the only real obstacle on the trail is now gone. It looks like they've been doing a lot of grading back there.

blatant
Expeditioneer
Expeditioneer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator Hwy via Bumblebee (Crown King to Prescott) - 2.0 Reply with quote

3/31/2012

exceptionally smooth sailing. graded in quite a few spots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index -> Arizona Trail Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: